Dgrin Meetups - Midwest & Central

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited July 1, 2008
    What time Sunday works for everyone?

I could do morning (but not too early since I work 'til midnight Saturday night), but other times during the day are also possible.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    David_S85 wrote:
    What time Sunday works for everyone?

I could do morning (but not too early since I work 'til midnight Saturday night), but other times during the day are also possible.

As mentioned previously I would prefer an afternoon meet up time since I'll be doing an wedding the night before and won't get back until quite late. 1pm? 2pm?
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    I can do Sunday morning but I'll have to leave early. I work at 1PM. New job so I just got my schedule. If this Sunday is going to be hard for us to meet we can reschedule. Or we don't all need to be there at once, I could meet David there in the morning and then David could meet with Shima once I leave. Any other ideas?
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • stuffjunkiestuffjunkie Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Afternoon is fine with me. I've never been to CBG before. This place is huge looking at their website. And it's open til 9pm!
    edited July 2, 2008
    Afternoon is fine with me. I've never been to CBG before. This place is huge looking at their website. And it's open til 9pm!

Cool :) It will be my first time there as well. We should probably all exchange cell #'s in case we're having troubles finding one another.
    edited July 2, 2008
    It's open 7am - sunset. Morning is OK but nothing before 9am. Still thinking this one through. :confused
    My Smugmug
  • TdcomptonTdcompton Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    Shima wrote:
    This is why my contract states 2-4 weeks before they get anything... you should contemplate adding something like that in if it's not there already... cuz having to start doing that already on Sunday sounds painful! ::hugs:: best of luck with it!

I'm in the process of moving to Hoonah, Alaska for a job starting August 3rd... I need to get it done and over with, otherwise I would've included a two week clause for editing.
    edited July 2, 2008
    Tdcompton wrote:
    I'm in the process of moving to Hoonah, Alaska for a job starting August 3rd... I need to get it done and over with, otherwise I would've included a two week clause for editing.

Ahhhhhh, makes sense then. Best of luck with it, wish I could meet you before you leave, but doesn't look like that will happen.
  • TdcomptonTdcompton Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    yeah, would've been fun doing a group meetup!
    edited July 3, 2008
    Yay! My husband has off on Sunday, so he's going to join us. Stuffjunkie and I were thinking of a 2pm meetup. Who else does that work for?
    edited July 4, 2008
    Shima wrote:
    Yay! My husband has off on Sunday, so he's going to join us. Stuffjunkie and I were thinking of a 2pm meetup. Who else does that work for?

Me. 2 is fine. I (or "we" - working on that) might arrive earlier. I'd like to overlap with Nick if possible, but the other half might not want to make an entire day of it. Like I say - working on that.

The best meeting place I can think of is right outside the entrance of their cafe restaurant, in the building smack dab in the middle of the joint.
    My Smugmug
    edited July 4, 2008
    David_S85 wrote:
    Me. 2 is fine. I (or "we" - working on that) might arrive earlier. I'd like to overlap with Nick if possible, but the other half might not want to make an entire day of it. Like I say - working on that.

The best meeting place I can think of is right outside the entrance of their cafe restaurant, in the building smack dab in the middle of the joint.

Never been there, but we'll figure out where that is. I'm going to PM you w/ my cell #.
  • stuffjunkiestuffjunkie Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2008
    Looks like 2pm is good for several of us. I spoke to David earlier today and afternoon works best. We should be at the cafe enterance at the CBG about 2pm Sunday. C U there.
    edited July 5, 2008
    Looks like 2pm is good for several of us. I spoke to David earlier today and afternoon works best. We should be at the cafe enterance at the CBG about 2pm Sunday. C U there.

Yup! See you then :)
    edited July 6, 2008
    It looks like I'm not going to be able to make it at all. Sorry, just bad timing. Hope you all have fun and I'm sure we'll get together again. Make sure you start a thread letting us all know how it went.
    Nick
    nickwphoto
    edited July 6, 2008
    gluwater wrote:
    It looks like I'm not going to be able to make it at all. Sorry, just bad timing. Hope you all have fun and I'm sure we'll get together again. Make sure you start a thread letting us all know how it went.

Will do!
    edited July 6, 2008
    +1 --- bringing Cindy, my photographer friend who I second shoot with sometimes :) Gotta go shower and leave soon! See you all at 2!
    edited July 7, 2008
    Had a great time together with everyone today, can't wait to Chicago Botanical Gardens round 2... that place is awesome! I'll post photos later this week, still getting caught up on my wedding photos from yesterday at the moment :)
    edited July 7, 2008
    Successful outing with the local Dgrin/SM shooters. Excellent weather and company! The day wasn't long enough for proper coverage of that place. Must... do... another.

Nick, we missed you! Maybe next time???

Thread here with some results. Add to it if you got 'em. deal.gif
    My Smugmug
    edited July 7, 2008
    David_S85 wrote:
    Successful outing with the local Dgrin/SM shooters. Excellent weather and company! The day wasn't long enough for proper coverage of that place. Must... do... another.

Nick, we missed you! Maybe next time???

Thread here with some results. Add to it if you got 'em. deal.gif
    Definitely next time David. Sorry I couldn't join you all there. It looks like a fun time full of photo opportunities.
    Nick
    nickwphoto
  • dreamlessdreamless Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    Kansas City Area
    I was hoping to meet some local photographers and was wondering if there were any from dgrin that was around the KC area.

Hope to hear from some of ya.
    edited August 31, 2008
    Kc
    So, does this mean there are not any dgrinners around the KC area?
    edited August 31, 2008
    Most of us live closer to Chicago, sorry!
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2008
    dreamless wrote:
    I was hoping to meet some local photographers and was wondering if there were any from dgrin that was around the KC area.

Hope to hear from some of ya.
    Oh yes there are DGRINNERS in the KC area.....used to be one that was living on here (DanielB.... http://www.standoutphoto.smugmug.com ) but school started and ...well that really nice late night shot of the tent light with a lantern (or flash or whatever it was) is his and there are others...CS Swinton for one......sopme of us could possiblely be coaked, beg, beguile, blandish, cajole, charm, cog, con, dupe, entice, flatter, hook, implore, induce, influence, inveigle, lure, manipulate, persuade, press, seduce, solicit, soothe, tease, tempt, tweedle, urge, wheedle out of other parts of KS to make for an interesting day of shooting..............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited August 31, 2008
    I'm in Chicago every so often for work. Usually around Midway, Wood Dale and others.

I'm going to be in Wichita next week (Tues - Thurs).

I'll keep the in mind that some might be persuaded to come to KC to shoot.

I can't really be the only one around KC to attend these forums...anyone else?

We can include some BBQ in the mix.
    edited October 12, 2008
    Short Notice
    Richard from Madrid and I are meeting up at "The Bean" in Chi town Monday, Oct. 12th at 10am to shoot whatever we find interesting.

note: I won't be online after posting this, so if something happens to change this scheduled meetup, I won't get a chance to edit this.
    My Smugmug
    edited October 15, 2008
    David_S85 wrote:
    Richard from Madrid and I are meeting up at "The Bean" in Chi town Monday, Oct. 12th at 10am to shoot whatever we find interesting.

note: I won't be online after posting this, so if something happens to change this scheduled meetup, I won't get a chance to edit this.
    So how'd it go?
    Nick
    nickwphoto
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2008
    yeah like art said i dont live on here like i used to. but i do try and make it a point to drop in and troll at least every other day. but if anyone ever wants to go out and shoot i'd be more than happy to meet-up sometime!thumb.gif just hit me up here or shoot me an e-mail.
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2008
    Shima wrote:
    Most of us live closer to Chicago, sorry!

or a LOT farther away from Chicago than KC. :)
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
    edited October 17, 2008
    My Smugmug