Help! Folders are not linking to galleries.

StopDownFireStopDownFire Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
edited August 1, 2013 in Bug Reporting
Overall, very happy with the new design. Congrats guys.

Had my site working well, then changed the size of the folder thumbnails on my homepage. The action seemingly broke the links to galleries (or at least, this bug happened at the same time). Now the folder thumbnails link to a blank page with nothing but the header and a breadcrumb.

http://www.stopdownfire.com

Any help is appreciated. Site is pretty useless right now.

Best,
Mike

Comments

• aaronpriestaaronpriest Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    I've done something similar and I can't figure it out either. The images are all there if I search for keywords, etc. but the folders are suddenly doing nothing for me.

http://galleries.aaronpriestphoto.com/
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 31, 2013
    I clicked around through some of your folders and everything seemed to work for me. Did you figure it out yourselves? If not, can you give me some more specific examples (like a particular folder)?
    SmugMug Product Manager
    edited July 31, 2013
    Yes, I posted the solution I discovered in another thread one level above this one. When galleries is removed and only folders is left on the customization, the images disappear. Adding galleries back (even though it is empty) fixes this.
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 31, 2013
    Yes, I posted the solution I discovered in another thread one level above this one. When galleries is removed and only folders is left on the customization, the images disappear. Adding galleries back (even though it is empty) fixes this.

Ah yes, so let me explain. You were customizing All Folders (look in the upper right in your Customize interface). When you're changing that level, it will affect every single Folder except any that you are customizing as a unique one-off.

So even though you may have not seen galleries on the specific folder you were customizing, the Content block exists there so you can have it appear on other folders that do have galleries.
    SmugMug Product Manager
    edited July 31, 2013
    Sheaf wrote: »
    Ah yes, so let me explain. You were customizing All Folders (look in the upper right in your Customize interface). When you're changing that level, it will affect every single Folder except any that you are customizing as a unique one-off.

So even though you may have not seen galleries on the specific folder you were customizing, the Content block exists there so you can have it appear on other folders that do have galleries.

Discovered that! :-P Thanks for the explanation!

Now for another major issue: descriptions are not showing up when viewing as public for the galleries, only when I am logged in. Also, it would be great to be able to view titles and descriptions, or at least have the option, one level up when browsing galleries before opening one. My titles are nothing but dates and the descriptions have the names, so my galleries look pretty bad right now!
  • juliemcgrawjuliemcgraw Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 1, 2013
    So what's the trick?
    I've been trying for HOURS to get my Smugmug folders to link to my galleries. I actually just added some galleries under my folders because I can't get it to link.

When I go into customization I can click on "ALL Galleries". The pages are built & it says "Gallery content". I just can't get the folders to link when clicked. ne_nau.gif

Thanks!!
  • juliemcgrawjuliemcgraw Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 1, 2013
  • dweitzmandweitzman Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited August 1, 2013
    I also lost folders links to the underlying galleries. It was working fine few hours ago. Now, just like Julie's site, clicking the folders results in nothing.
    www.davidweitzman.com

Follow up: Dragging "folders/galleries/pages" navigation block to the "all folders" section seems to have fixed it for now. Previously I had just dragged over the "folders" block.