Options

Fix for arrange galleries is apparently gone

denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
edited June 12, 2011 in Bug Reporting
The fix to the arrange galleries problem seems to have disappeared. I just needed to arrange the galleries in a category 7 times before the arrange stuck. This is unacceptable behavior.

Please - can we have the fix back?

--- Denise

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2011
    I have reported this, thanks Denise.
  • Options
    TwoofyTwoofy Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2011
    The fix to the arrange galleries problem seems to have disappeared. I just needed to arrange the galleries in a category 7 times before the arrange stuck. This is unacceptable behavior.

Please - can we have the fix back?

--- Denise

Denise,

Is this a problem where you arrange the galleries, click save then on the page that follows with the galleries does not show them in the correct order?

If so, every time that I've seen this crop up in the testing I've done - it was that the database had not updated with the changes yet. But, after waiting a second or two and refreshing the page they were in the order I had specified.

Can you confirm or not if that is what is going on in your case?

Thanks!

- Greg
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2011
    Twoofy wrote: »
    Is this a problem where you arrange the galleries, click save then on the page that follows with the galleries does not show them in the correct order?

If so, every time that I've seen this crop up in the testing I've done - it was that the database had not updated with the changes yet. But, after waiting a second or two and refreshing the page they were in the order I had specified.

Can you confirm or not if that is what is going on in your case?
    Hi Greg -
    Yes, that's what is happening. But waiting a second or two didn't help - in fact I just assumed it worked and didn't realize until 5 or 10 minutes later that the change didn't stick. It was back to the old behavior where it seemed to be random whether the change stuck or not.

I just tried it again, and it appears to be working properly right now. It was so consistently wrong the day I reported the problem I have a hard time believing that the problem just appeared and disappeared again. No changes in this area of the code?

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2011
    Hi Greg -
    Yes, that's what is happening. But waiting a second or two didn't help - in fact I just assumed it worked and didn't realize until 5 or 10 minutes later that the change didn't stick. It was back to the old behavior where it seemed to be random whether the change stuck or not.

I just tried it again, and it appears to be working properly right now. It was so consistently wrong the day I reported the problem I have a hard time believing that the problem just appeared and disappeared again. No changes in this area of the code?

--- Denise

It is possible that the database slaves were *really* behind - that would be very unusual though. You don't by chance have a gallery that you did this with that is not correctly arranged now, do you?

I did not look at any of the revision history on the code that drives this - though we did do a couple of code pushes the last couple of days. I did not personally do anything though.

- Greg
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2011
    It is possible that the database slaves were *really* behind - that would be very unusual though. You don't by chance have a gallery that you did this with that is not correctly arranged now, do you?
    I don't - but it was arrange galleries within a category / subcategory, not an arrange within a gallery.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2011
    I don't - but it was arrange galleries within a category / subcategory, not an arrange within a gallery.

--- Denise

Yeah, thats what I meant :)

I did look at the revision history from May 29th to June 2nd and don't see anything that would have affected this.

- Greg
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2011
    I did look at the revision history from May 29th to June 2nd and don't see anything that would have affected this.
    I'll keep an eye out and let you know if this happens again.

Thanks.

--- Denise
  • Options
    WinsomeWorksWinsomeWorks Registered Users Posts: 1,935 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2011
    Oddly, I had a sub-category yesterday that was in one arrangement logged in and in entirely another arrangement logged out! (and no, it wasn't just due to the positions of unlisted galleries, etc.) It was always appearing in the last gallery spot in the category when logged out. But logged in, it was second. I eventually got it to register the move even when logged out, by saving & re-saving a bunch of times.
    Anna Lisa Yoder's Images - http://winsomeworks.com ... Handmade Photo Notecards: http://winsomeworks.etsy.com ... Framed/Matted work: http://anna-lisa-yoder.artistwebsites.com/galleries.html ... Scribbles: http://winsomeworks.blogspot.com
    DayBreak, my Folk Music Group (some free mp3s!) http://daybreakfolk.com
  • Options
    edited June 12, 2011
    Oddly, I had a sub-category yesterday that was in one arrangement logged in and in entirely another arrangement logged out! (and no, it wasn't just due to the positions of unlisted galleries, etc.) It was always appearing in the last gallery spot in the category when logged out. But logged in, it was second. I eventually got it to register the move even when logged out, by saving & re-saving a bunch of times.

Do you have a link to the gallery? I'd like to see if there's anything in the logs...

- Greg