Wedding Challenge • 09/2011 • Bouquet & Garter Toss Emotions

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited October 10, 2011 in Weddings
Hey guys!

First of THANKS to all the lovely people that keep taking part at the challenges. Let's see if we can see more than 11 submissions this time ... in fact, I think I'll request AT LEAST 25 submissions in order for it to be a valid challenge. So PLEASE submit a photo or two of yours, it's more fun that way ... even if you don't think you'll win, ... hey you never know, right?? :thumb
Note from Cat:

I'd love to see all the ones with the crazy and wild expressions from either the bouquet or garter tosses. If you're posting a bouquet toss photo this will either be the bride getting really silly before she throws it, or someone having an exceptionally memorable expression when they catch it. For the garter toss most of these funny expressions will be the bride's face while the groom is taking off the garter from her, or again it could be the men making very amusing faces when catching (or avoiding) the garter being tossed. The person who has captured the emotions from one of these two traditions best will be the winner.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE GALLERY

or go to: www.smugmug.com

login: DgrinExtras
password: knockknock

Then go to: Wedding Challenge • 09/2011 • Bouquet & Garter Toss Emotions

From there you should be able to upload a pic, but let me know if you have any questions (see top right corner / UPLOAD > TO THIS GALLERY)
When you upload a photo, please mention YOUR NAME below the photo, or your nickname (I need to be able to contact you, if you win, so don't make it too hard, haha). Please do NOT upload full res files as I can't take any responsibilities for it and don't want the photo to end up in the wrong hands. Feel free to put your name on the photo.

Once we announce the winner, the top 3 pics will receive a 1st / 2nd / 3rd place badge :D

The CUT-OFF date is September 31st Cat will then have time to choose the 3 winners and will announce them by October 2nd :barb

Let me (or Cat) know if you have any questions.

:lust

Shhhhhht, there are 2 entries allowed per person.
Let's gooooooo!!! :lynnma

Comments

• ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2011
    For some examples, here's what I'm thinking of when I say emotions :)

301603802_g6FKz-M.jpg

1089451570_hcf58-M.jpg

If you can make me laugh or cry, bonus points ;)
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2011
    Thanks Cat!! I uploaded the photos to the gallery, hope you don't mind!

Thanks again!
    edited September 13, 2011
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Thanks Cat!! I uploaded the photos to the gallery, hope you don't mind!

Thanks again!

Yeah it's cool ^_^ - I can get you larger versions if you prefer (unless you already thought of that and changed the URL to -XL or something before saving it? haha)
  • nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    What about the garter catcher putting it on the bouquet catcher? or are we just talking B&G.

I love these challenges. It makes you look back at your past work and reevaluate your current shooting style. The once challenge i thought i would never win (the B&W challenge), I did...so submit bc you really never know when you will be the winner. And even if you aren't, it is still fun to see everyones entries (even if they aren't in focus, Photoshopped perfectly, grainy..etc). This is just for fun! :D
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • ErbemanErbeman Registered Users Posts: 926 Major grins
    Ok, it looks like there are some size restrictions on the upload. I keep make my pics smaller and smaller with less and less quality and yet it still tells me files are too large to upload. So, care to share the restriction?
    Come see my Photos at:
    http://www.RussErbePhotography.com :thumb
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/erbeman

D700, D300, Nikkor 35-70 F/2.8, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8, Nikkor 70-200 AF-S VR F/2.8, Nikkor AF-S 1.7 teleconverter II,(2) Profoto D1 500 Air,SB-900, SB-600, (2)MB-D10, MacBook Pro
    Erbeman wrote: »
    Ok, it looks like there are some size restrictions on the upload. I keep make my pics smaller and smaller with less and less quality and yet it still tells me files are too large to upload. So, care to share the restriction?

There shouldn't be any size restrictions that I'm aware of, just be advised if you put a full resolution non watermarked image up there it puts you at risk for random people to potentially steal (not that any of us would do such a thing, but you never know, so be safe and either put a smaller size or watermark it)

Nicole - anything related to garter or bouquet is fine but there has to be emotion / reactions in the photo.
    Erbeman wrote: »

headscratch.gifne_nau.gif Works for me. Why don't you try 240 in resolution, 6 inches long?
  • ErbemanErbeman Registered Users Posts: 926 Major grins
    I'll try it again.
    Come see my Photos at:
    http://www.RussErbePhotography.com :thumb
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/erbeman

D700, D300, Nikkor 35-70 F/2.8, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8, Nikkor 70-200 AF-S VR F/2.8, Nikkor AF-S 1.7 teleconverter II,(2) Profoto D1 500 Air,SB-900, SB-600, (2)MB-D10, MacBook Pro
    edited September 17, 2011
    Ok we've got two people's submissions so far... keep em coming people! :)
    edited September 21, 2011
    Hey Sam. saw that you submitted 3 images (only 3 are allowed) would you mind mentioning the one that you want to delete (and I'll do it for you).

Thanks!
    edited September 22, 2011
    Hey Sam. saw that you submitted 3 images (only 3 are allowed) would you mind mentioning the one that you want to delete (and I'll do it for you).

Thanks!

This should say "only 2 are allowed" but yes, let's please keep submissions to 2 :)
    edited September 22, 2011
    Duh! Thanks shima!!
  • nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2011
    I need a delete too...

(i was getting an error message about my file size being to large...I remember someone saying this last month when i was judging. I think it has something to do with the new uploader. I switched to old faithful and it worked. )

Hope more people join in the fun. I had a blast going back into the archives and remembering the funny moments. Come on people, lets keep this going....post post post.
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2011
    I could use a delete too. I upped a framed version of one of mine on accident. Thanx
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Bryans12vBryans12v Registered Users Posts: 362 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2011
    I could use a delete also. I kept making them smaller and smaller like Eberman mentioned. One actually uploaded without even confirming. Its the first two from my set. I noted them in the caption. Thanks!

This is my first challenge! :ivar
    edited October 1, 2011
    Well it's October 1st... guess that means I've got some judging to do this weekend :)
    edited October 2, 2011
    Ok so here's my top 3!

First Place
    Image #8 heatherfeather - This is exactly the type of reactions I was looking for. The brides arched back shriek and the guests in the background covering their mouths. Everyone is clearly glued to them and really paying attention / engaged in watching.

Second Place
    Image #3 erbeman - I love how every face in this shot is eagerly anticipating and longingly looking for that incoming bouquet, great job capturing that

Third Place
    Image #15 nicoleshilliday - This one makes me laugh, lots of amusing faces and great in the moment expressions.
    edited October 4, 2011
    Shima wrote: »
    Ok so here's my top 3!

First Place
    Image #8 heatherfeather - This is exactly the type of reactions I was looking for. The brides arched back shriek and the guests in the background covering their mouths. Everyone is clearly glued to them and really paying attention / engaged in watching.

Second Place
    Image #3 erbeman - I love how every face in this shot is eagerly anticipating and longingly looking for that incoming bouquet, great job capturing that

Third Place
    Image #15 nicoleshilliday - This one makes me laugh, lots of amusing faces and great in the moment expressions.

Thanks so much Cat! And congrats to the winners!! I'll put the badges on the photos tomorrow ..... Miss Heather, would you mind choosing the next theme (just send me a PM). THANKS!

P.s. Unfortunately we did not get the required minimum of submissions ... I'm thinking we'll be doing the contest only until the end of the year ... :cry
    edited October 4, 2011
    Thanks so much Cat! And congrats to the winners!! I'll put the badges on the photos tomorrow ..... Miss Heather, would you mind choosing the next theme (just send me a PM). THANKS!

P.s. Unfortunately we did not get the required minimum of submissions ... I'm thinking we'll be doing the contest only until the end of the year ... :cry

Yeah I was really sad at the low number of submissions :(
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2011
    Shima ,

Go ahead and delete any one you want. These are not great images I just posted them to help others meet the minimum number for the challenge. :D

Sam
    edited October 4, 2011
    Sam wrote: »
    Shima ,

Go ahead and delete any one you want. These are not great images I just posted them to help others meet the minimum number for the challenge. :D

Sam

1) I don't have delete permissions
    2) The challenge is already over
  • sphyngesphynge Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 172
    edited October 5, 2011
    Shima wrote: »
    Yeah I was really sad at the low number of submissions :(

I couldn't partake in it because most of my couples elect to NOT do a garter toss / bouquet toss. They think it's outdated... otherwise I would've been in.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2011