Wtb: D80

RLembkeRLembke Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited January 25, 2009 in Nikon Land
I'm needing to step up from a D50 but I'm not ready for pro gear yet and the D90 is just too rich for my tastes.

Anyone thinking about offloading a gently used D80?

Comments

• cpallencpallen Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    Good Choice!
    RLembke wrote:
    I'm needing to step up from a D50 but I'm not ready for pro gear yet and the D90 is just too rich for my tastes.

I think that's a great choice (having made the same decision myself). I prefer the direct access buttons over the menu layers and like the display on top (in comparison to the D40/60) I suggest you download this application and put it on your laptop:

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

and you will be able to check a camera's shot count from the metadata imbedded in a RAW image format file.

You can also download a copy of the operator's manual here:
    http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin/nikonusa.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=14051

There are alot of them out there on Craigslist, ebay, etc. I was able to buy a mint D80 body from a local camera shop complete with everything but the box in came in for $430 including a 45 day warranty.

Good Luck!
    (hopefully this useful information and not common knowledge to everyone already)
    Courtney in Seattle
  • LarryteeLarrytee Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited January 25, 2009
    RLembke wrote:

Yes, I just bought a D90 last week. I gave a D70 to my son for Christmas. This is a great camera, not used that much. I am not a pro - just an old retired guy that likes to take performance pics.

D80 - with all cables, book, and charger - I should have the software around here somewhere - I never used it. Price is $395 body only.

Larry Taber
    Bowling Green, KY