Options

Need some help

HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
edited November 29, 2015 in SmugMug Support
Seems as if SmugMug changed the "get a link" to files and for the life of me I've tried what I thought I was supposed to do to get a link but no luck. Can someone walk me through it?

Comments

• Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2015
    It's not as easy to find now...

On the photo you want to share, click on the 'share' icon in the bottom right corner. It looks like a box with an arrow coming out of the top right corner. I have to hover my cursor over the bottom of the screen for that bar to show up. Once you click on the share icon, a share box will open. You then have several options for photo only, gallery, size, which social network, etc.

I hope this helps. Your posts over the years have been very informative to me and I have always appreciated them. :D

Sherry
  • Options
    edited November 28, 2015
    Sherry, thank you for the kind words. When I copy the link it does not appear in the post with and without the addition of [img][/img]. When I click on the link in the post it takes you to smugmug. Still confused and getting worse every day!!
  • Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,034 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2015
    Hi Charles,
    Hope this helps. You may need to display the photo in Lightbox mode in order to see the Share button (that is how mine is set up).

1) Click the photo to view in Lightbox mode (large format)
    2) Click the Share button at the bottom right of the photo - i-dVsspmC.jpg

A Share dialog box will be displayed - i-CscwLPX-S.jpg

3) Select the size photo you want to share (copy) from the Choose a Size drop down.

i-jHt7LM6-S.jpg

4) Select the type that you want to embed from the Photo, HTML or BBCode tabs.

5) Now you may need to click inside the resultant box in order to select the link.

i-JB7CNqJ-S.jpg

6) Use Ctrl-C to copy the link, or you can use the right mouse button to select the Copy command.

7) Return to the page you want to embed the photo and use the regular Insert Image button to paste the link.
  • Options
    edited November 28, 2015
    Charles,
    Are you using the Insert Image i-HHC7rdJ.jpg button in order to place the photo in the post?

Edit: Sorry - I entered my last post at the same time you posted and I wasn't sure if it went through. This may be a redundant posting (something not unfamiliar to me!).
  • Options
    edited November 28, 2015
    only the bbcode worked for me, thanks all.

i-mv3Mdv9.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 28, 2015
    Love this shot, but when I click on it the gallery is locked on your SmugMug site.
  • Options
    edited November 28, 2015
    Had some trouble with the new upload for Smugmug. There isn't a gallery with shots of this fellow.
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2015
    Thanks all and hopefully someone else might find this useful.