Options

Is there a way to customize the cookie message?

DonlivixDonlivix Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited June 19, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
I need to customize the cookie message text and swap the related link to my Privacy Policy rather than a Smugmug page.

I tried with an HTML block but it didn't superimpose onto the present cookie bar and it doesn't reach sides and top of the page as you can see here:

banner5.png

Any advice?

Thanks a lot
Valerio

Comments

• Options
    BeaBea Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2015
    Hello there,

You can change the colours, font and size, but not the content itself. It's not possible to swap the link. If you would have any further questions, please let us know!
    Bea
    SmugMug Support Hero | My website: www.beabird.net
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2015
    vakvarju wrote: »
    Hello there,

You can change the colours, font and size, but not the content itself. It's not possible to swap the link. If you would have any further questions, please let us know!

Hi vakvarju and thank you for your quick reply, but what Smugmug did to solve the EU cookie law problem is not compliant with all the EU country laws. And moreover EU users would love to change that banner language in their native one at least.

I wrote something more specific about it here (without replies yet): http://dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=2000264&postcount=8

Not being compliant with EU cookie law means being at the risk of losing much money in fines and I wouldn't like many of us must move on other platforms just for this stupid reason.

Valerio
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2015
    Well, I must say somebody more lucky than me got a cookie bar changed exactly as I wanted!

http://www.simonbutlerphotography.com/

Please let me know the trick.

Thanks
    Valerio
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited June 17, 2015
    Donlivix wrote: »
    Well, I must say somebody more lucky than me got a cookie bar changed exactly as I wanted!

http://www.simonbutlerphotography.com/

Please let me know the trick.

Thanks
    Valerio
    I don't think that is a SmugMug site (based on doing a view source on the page).

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2015
    I don't think that is a SmugMug site (based on doing a view source on the page).

--- Denise

Oops! Sorry Denise, you're right! I assumed it was a SmugMug site as I found its owner's posts here on Dgrin

*hides behind blackboard*

Valerio
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited June 19, 2015
    In case anyone else is looking for more on the EU cookie message there is some additional information (and some CSS to customize the message) in the thread banner for new EU law about cookies.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2015
    In case anyone else is looking for more on the EU cookie message, please ask to SmugMug managers to make their hosting website services compliant with European countries Law as they sell them worldwide.

Into the thread mentioned by Denise there isn't a way to customize the infamous cookie banner but just some suggestions to make it nicer and some unsuccessful try to add a working banner, as the SmugMug one DOESN'T allow a text customization and DOESN'T allow to change the contained link to our Privacy Policy pages.

Just to be thorough.

Valerio