Options

"Home" Icon in Breadcrumb to Browse

MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
edited June 20, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
I would like to point the "home" icon in the breadcrumb to the browse page instead of to my homepage.

Where would I change this?

Alternatively, how would I change my homepage to be the Browse page isntead of a custom one?

BTW:
I am in the process of adding a Wordpress front end, so the functionality of my smugmug needs to change.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited June 9, 2015
    I don't know how to change where the home icon goes but there was a tip published titled Get the Legacy Look in the New SmugMug. One of the things it covers is showing folders and galleries on the home page.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2015
    Denise, I was overthinking this one. I have had a customized front page forever it seems on Smugmug. I overlooked the obvious.

I simply added the content block for pages / folders / galleries and set it to top level.

Now I just need the breadcrumb to say Home instead of my name.

Thanks Denise.
  • Options
    frissonfrisson Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited June 11, 2015
    Hi

I saw with interest your comment about a WordPress front end. I was thinking about something similar. Out of curiosity what will your front end do? What does WordPress give you that SmugMug does not?

Thanks
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2015
    Frisson,
    I am using the wordpress front end for the following reasons:
    1. I cannot use iframes in smugmug, and to show my Google 360 tours I need this functionality (I had a blog setup on Blogger to compensate)
    2. I cannot self fullfill on Smugmug. For the old smugmug I had created paypal shopping cart coding in javascript, but that is unavailable in the new smugmug
    3. There is no blogging in smugmug. ( I had a blog setup on Blogger to compensate)
    4. I wanted to have a unified website without separate subdomains and the less than pretty workarounds for sefl-fullfillment.
    5. I wanted more control on who was coming to my site, as I have a few websites that are scrapping my images. This I will have to work on later.

I just took the overhaul live this week, and it is a work in progress, but here it is. http://www.deezunkerphotography.com