Gallery only show file name, don't want title or caption

mrhonimrhoni Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
edited June 17, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
I have the gallery set to display filenames, but it seems if there is a title, then that will display instead of the file name.

Need some CSS to show just the filename and not show title and caption.

Comments

• pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2015
    mrhoni wrote: »
    I have the gallery set to display filenames, but it seems if there is a title, then that will display instead of the file name.

Need some CSS to show just the filename and not show title and caption.

I don't believe there's any way to do that. I've been using a Lightroom plugin called LR/Transporter to add filenames to the caption field. This also makes them searchable, but smug search is pretty weak. With a tool like that, you can add filenames to captions and then hide titles with CSS if you already have titles that you don't want displayed.

Dave
  • mrhonimrhoni Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2015
    Well this was disappointing. I ended up using the smugmug gallery vs collage landscape. I was able to find code to not display title and captions from the gallery and from the lightbox. Now I have nothing displayed.

They way I have my galleries for clients, I really just want to see the filename only. It would have been so easy if Smugmug had 3 buttons in the gallery setting Show Filename, Show Caption, Show Title, so one could have displayed exactly what is desired
  • JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 16, 2015
    The default for the option is that if there is a caption, the filename does not show. The only way to remedy this is to remove any caption, then the filenames will appear. The captions may be removed in the tools for the gallery, under Title, Caption, Keywords.

Jen
    Support Hero
    Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited June 16, 2015
    Jen, if I remove the captions, will that only effect that gallery and so if the same image happens to be in another gallery, the image in that gallery will still have the caption?
  • BeaBea Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2015
    You can remove the captions only from a few photos or all, it depends on your selection. If you remove the caption from an image and it's collected in another gallery, the collected image will no longer show the caption, either.

Please find more information about captions/title/keywords on the following help page: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93290-how-do-i-add-titles-captions-and-keywords-to-my-photos-?b_id=1644
    For further information about the collecting feature, please head over to: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93310-can-i-display-a-photo-in-multiple-galleries-
    Bea
    SmugMug Support Hero | My website: www.beabird.net
    edited June 17, 2015
    vakvarju wrote: »
    You can remove the captions only from a few photos or all, it depends on your selection. If you remove the caption from an image and it's collected in another gallery, the collected image will no longer show the caption, either.

Please find more information about captions/title/keywords on the following help page: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93290-how-do-i-add-titles-captions-and-keywords-to-my-photos-?b_id=1644
    For further information about the collecting feature, please head over to: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93310-can-i-display-a-photo-in-multiple-galleries-

What do you mean collected? Is that a special feature I don't use?
    What I do is I upload photo 1 from Lightroom to a Smugmug gallery. I also upload photo 1 from Lightroom to gallery 2. Isn't this 2 individual copies of the same photo vs 1 image that Smugmug knows is in 2 galleries?
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,010 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2015
    A collected photo is a virtual copy of an original in another gallery. Everything applied to the original photo
    in its gallery applies wherever it's collected. Changing the title, caption, etc. to a collected photo also
    changes the original.

Those that you upload are assigned a unique photo Smugmug ID so will carry their own caption, title. So if you
    upload the same photo many times each has a unique different photo Smugmug ID. Even if a duplicate in a gallery,
    the SM ID is different.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog