Options

How can I reposition the file name

fischfacefischface Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited July 1, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
How can I rearrange the locations and size of the file number and image # (2/300) under the main photo in a classic smugmug gallery? I would like the file number to be large and bold and directly below the image and the image order # to be off to the side

Thanks!!
Jon

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2015
    Are these manually added to your caption for each photo? If so, you could use html and CSS to get this effect.
    Got'a a link to an example?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
    Are these manually added to your caption for each photo? If so, you could use html and CSS to get this effect.
    Got'a a link to an example?

Hi Allen
    No these are not manually added in. Just the filename of the image that shows up when , in gallery settings I switch "show filenames" to "on"
    As it is now, the filename is kind to the bottom left and the sequence of the number is directly under the image.

http://jonfischerphotography.smugmug.com/CRMII-Spirit-of-Innovation/i-gPfmz4X
    I want clients to only communicate the file number, so I know we are talking about the same image and as it is they often tell me the sequence number which can change if I make some adjustments to the gallery.

Thanks
    Jon
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2015
    The only file name I see in the photo info box?

CRMII Gala 15_024.JPG

If your caption is blank and "file names" is ON it should show in the caption. I don't see it.
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2015
    I could not find a way to change color or size of the auto added filename in blank caption without also affecting the keyword icon.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited June 27, 2015
    fischface wrote: »
    Just the filename of the image that shows up when , in gallery settings I switch "show filenames" to "on"
    As it is now, the filename is kind to the bottom left and the sequence of the number is directly under the image.

http://jonfischerphotography.smugmug.com/CRMII-Spirit-of-Innovation/i-gPfmz4X
    I see keywords under your photo, no file name.

--- Denise
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2015
    I would LOVE to do this too!
    I asked about a month ago but got no replies - still hoping it can be done.
    You can see the gallery sequence number just below the main image. BELOW that is the actual filename.
    See here for an example: http://www.acecootephotography.com/Kingston-Football/Football-Senior-Colts/Senior-Colts-Round-9-v-Kaniva/
    I have the same issue as "fishface" - I need purchasers to tell me the filename but often they tell me the gallery sequence number (despite requests/instructions)
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2015
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    I would LOVE to do this too!
    I asked about a month ago but got no replies - still hoping it can be done.
    You can see the gallery sequence number just below the main image. BELOW that is the actual filename.
    See here for an example: http://www.acecootephotography.com/Kingston-Football/Football-Senior-Colts/Senior-Colts-Round-9-v-Kaniva/
    I have the same issue as "fishface" - I need purchasers to tell me the filename but often they tell me the gallery sequence number (despite requests/instructions)
    You do not have keywords exposed so this might work.

.sm-tile-info {color:#FE7C00 !important; font-size:120%}
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2015
    Allen - worked a treat!!! Thank you once again - your help and expertise a VERY much appreciated.

Do you think it would be possible for the gallery sequence number (< Photo 5 / 38>) to SHARE the same line with the filename?
    Say gallery sequence number on the left and the filename on the right of the one line?
    It would make it a LOT easier for people to see that there are two different bits of info and I want the ORANGE one (thanks to you I can now tell them that!)
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2015
    ooops , I didn't have my filenames turned on.
    And Thanks Allen. Worked great.
    My preference would be to switch the position of the two numbers so the file number is directly below the image. And then it doesn't need to be so big and colorful. It will be obvious to the client that that is the important number. Anyway of making that happen allen. Or on the same line would be great too. Thanks! Also . How do I get rid of the visibility of the key works below the photo?
    thanks!!