Options

delete and overwrite quick settings

jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
edited September 18, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
How do I delete Quick Settings in NSM??? In LSM, if I wanted to update a Quick Setting, I would have to delete it, make changes and then re-save it with the same name. I can't figure out how to delete them, so now I have a billion. AND.. their names are truncated in the drop down, compounding the problem.

Also, is there a way to apply Quick Settings to multiple galleries without drilling down into each one individually?

Comments

• Options
    DanCarl97DanCarl97 Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    I've also had the same problem. I've contacted SmugMug but they just told me it will be answered in the Webinars.
  • Options
    jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2013
    Response from HERO:
    Thanks for contacting SmugMug. At this time, there is not a way to edit or delete quick settings within the new SmugMug. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you! That is something that many users are asking about, and it's something we're working on for the future. Stay tuned!

It's not possible to apply quick settings in bulk at this time, though you do have the ability to apply settings to multiple galleries at once in another way. If you go to Organize > Organize site, click on any folder, and then click Select All to choose all the galleries within that folder. Then click the Settings button here. The changes you make to the gallery settings here will then apply to all the selected galleries.

I hope this helps, but please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help. Thank you, and have a great day!

Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero
    And my reply...
    Thanks for the reply, Josh, but what a HUGE oversight! This really makes gallery settings an unnecessarily time-consuming and frustrating experience. The Select All feature works for galleries within a folder, but why on earth would you not include a quick settings option??

I really hope this a priority. I have a mess to clean up and I'm sure many others do as well.
  • Options
    MJRPHOTOMJRPHOTO Registered Users Posts: 432 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2015
    Has there been an update on this???
    www.mjrphoto.net
    Nikon D4, Nikon D3, Nikon D3
    Nikon 14-24 f2.8, Nikon 24-70 f2.8, Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VR II, Nikon 50 f1.8, Nikon 85 f1.4
    Nikon 300 f2.8 VR, Nikon 200-400 f4.0 VR II, Nikon 600 f4.0 II, TC-1.4, TC 1.7, TC 2.0
    (1) SB-800, (2) SB-900, (4) Multi Max Pocket Wizards
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited June 28, 2015
    MJRPHOTO wrote: »
    Has there been an update on this???
    I replied to the same question you posted in this thread. In the future, please post your question in a single thread.

The ability to delete quick settings was marked as implemented in April, 2014.

Instructions can be found on the help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1227357:
    To delete an existing Quick Setting, select it from the dropdown menu and click the trachcan icon. Note that this will delete that Quick Setting entirely, even if it's currently applied to other galleries. So make sure you want to remove it across your site before deleting.

--- Denise
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,919 moderator
    edited September 18, 2015
    I'm a little unclear on how Quick Settings work. If I have created a number of galleries with MyQuickSetting and then at a future time, I delete MyQuickSetting, what happens to those galleries? Do they revert to some default or do they retain the settings specified in MyQuickSetting when the gallery was created?
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    Richard wrote: »
    I'm a little unclear on how Quick Settings work. If I have created a number of galleries with MyQuickSetting and then at a future time, I delete MyQuickSetting, what happens to those galleries? Do they revert to some default or do they retain the settings specified in MyQuickSetting when the gallery was created?
    I believe they are only used when setting up the gallery.

I've deleted quick settings that were used in the past and the galleries are fine.

--- Denise
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,919 moderator
    OK, that's the behavior I would expect, but no harm in asking. Thanks again, Denise (I suspect I'm going to be saying that a lot in the next month :D).