Rush Hour in Turkey (big)

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited September 22, 2012 in Journeys
Hello guys, long time no see:cry

Last weekend i took flight to Turkey for official duty i had one full day in Istanbul! Then i flew to Ankara and back to Pakistan. The day i landed Istanbul was grey and snowy but i walked around in that wind. Click image for large. I relied on my 7D, 17-40, 70-200mk2 and tripod :)

i-hf6hsCD-L.jpg

i-dHKcgJQ-L.jpg

i-tMc3StX-L.jpg

i-pVscgb5-L.jpg

i-2zQKHdJ-L.jpg

i-8cFgfjn-L.jpg

i-ZnJQQgw-L.jpg

i-nhC9f8H-L.jpg

i-HNDzRZm-L.jpg

i-GHjQFrW-L.jpg

i-Wnzfd63-L.jpg

i-mSCmx88-L.jpg

i-hQcsDkc-L.jpg

i-JtHPbZw-L.jpg

i-MnXQKXW-L.jpg

i-vGmFqvg-L.jpg

i-fMztXcR-L.jpg

i-n2tnmQP-L.jpg

2nd and only full day in Istanbul, in the middle of sight seeing i forgot its only day and i have to rush to see all places but it was too late, but i enjoyed every bit of what i did or learned. Cannot forget those welcoming smiles and yummy food Turkish people make.

i-2QhXLJ5-L.jpg

i-6khfXzp-L.jpg

i-hwjHj6M-L.jpg

i-B65Cmv2-L.jpg

i-2wPdBMT-L.jpg

i-xxpC7BK-L.jpg

i-rXGsctT-L.jpg

i-QbW5Nb8-L.jpg

i-FJwSrX7-L.jpg

i-C7TGW3G-L.jpg

i-BLtgxKG-L.jpg

i-2BhSvW5-L.jpg

i-PHdL5VG-L.jpg

i-kRPbqBx-L.jpg

i-LkDRMpC-L.jpg

i-F3rdQLS-L.jpg

i-sq2NnZZ-L.jpg

i-tDVnW9C-L.jpg

i-csNw9Gw-L.jpg

i-HPhKXPD-L.jpg

i-8CxZLMj-L.jpg

i-xBrDNdn-L.jpg

and before i took flight to Ankara 3rd day

i-pxxtPBH-L.jpg

i-VRnpvrk-L.jpg

i-XKjCGS2-L.jpg

i-BsH5G34-L.jpg

i-9DdmV2t-L.jpg

i-jdgNWQF-L.jpg

And i reached Ankara

i-Hr23Rwh-L.jpg

i-3GnKpmT-L.jpg

i-QC5c9Rj-L.jpg

i-kxk9DJc-L.jpg

i-BcFMSXG-L.jpg

i-jv4Tk9m-L.jpg

i-3LQXncW-L.jpg

i-4VpKJsz-L.jpg

i-wDbbzZJ-L.jpg

And next morning i took flight to Pakistan.:thumb
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• TravelTravel Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2012
    Nice work!
  • dave6253dave6253 Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2012
    Stunning as always, A.Y. Thanks for sharing. I love the great light and color in each.
  • Stella7dStella7d Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2012
    Wonderful series!! Your images are beautiful & colorful and represent the area well......I feel like I just went on a trip there!
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,213 moderator
    edited March 2, 2012
    Beautiful Awais! It's hard to pick a favorite from the set (as there are multiples that jump out at me).

--- Denise
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2012
    What a fantastic set of images...really surprised at how many shops' sings are in english...WOW.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2012
    Thanks everyone! it is awesome city want to go back :)
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2012
    Great series...loved the feeling I get when the images are this nice...makes me feel like I'm right there along side, walking with you. That first image is really gripping...eye candy.

Thanks for sharing. Good job.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
    edited March 13, 2012
    Ed911 wrote: »
    Great series...loved the feeling I get when the images are this nice...makes me feel like I'm right there along side, walking with you. That first image is really gripping...eye candy.

Thanks for sharing. Good job.

Thanks a lot Ed for kind words and stopping by. I hope to photowalk with dgrinners at Istanbul it is so awesome iloveyou.gif

My Gallery
  • aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2012
    Another set of stunning pics! You have a great eye. clap.gif
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com
    edited March 20, 2012
    aj986s wrote: »
    Another set of stunning pics! You have a great eye. clap.gif

Thanks Tony!!thumb.gif

My Gallery
  • shawncshawnc Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2012
    Stella7d wrote: »
    Wonderful series!! Your images are beautiful & colorful and represent the area well......I feel like I just went on a trip there!

I'm with Stella! I was there with with you and smelling that delicious looking food. Wonderful street Photog. Love the interior shots too.
  • WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2012
    Wonderful series of images, Awais. Your photos are all works of art.

I really love how you captured all of the vivid colors, and I also love that you took many photos of food.

In frame #8, what is the food on the spit? We have spits like that in some American restaurants, where they roast lamb and beef for gyros, but the meat in your photo looks more like chicken.
    Art Scott wrote: »
    What a fantastic set of images...really surprised at how many shops' sings are in english...WOW.

I was thinking the same thing as I looked through the images, Art.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
    edited April 4, 2012
    shawnc wrote: »
    I'm with Stella! I was there with with you and smelling that delicious looking food. Wonderful street Photog. Love the interior shots too.

Thanks Shawnc, it is beautiful place missed a lot due to timerolleyes1.gif

My Gallery
    edited April 4, 2012
    WillCAD wrote: »
    Wonderful series of images, Awais. Your photos are all works of art.

I really love how you captured all of the vivid colors, and I also love that you took many photos of food.

In frame #8, what is the food on the spit? We have spits like that in some American restaurants, where they roast lamb and beef for gyros, but the meat in your photo looks more like chicken.

I was thinking the same thing as I looked through the images, Art.

Thanks Will, You got it right its Gyro/doner kabab/shawarma, yes its chicken meat.

As far as English signs are concerned, it might be due to tourism because in general i found limited english in Turkey compared to Pakistan, we use lot of english in daily life! :D:D

My Gallery
  • avangardphotoavangardphoto Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited April 7, 2012
    Cool shots. Thanks for posting.
    Mario
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2012
    amazing Awais! 1 & 7 and the coin shot bowdown.gif
    Aaron Nelson
    edited April 12, 2012
    Thanks Aaron and Mario!

My Gallery
  • PhotogWadePhotogWade Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 13, 2012
    Great series. You really highlighted all of the vibrant colors in Istanbul and brought back memories of my trip to Turkey! Love the wide angle shot of the inside of Hagia Sophia.
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2012
    This is great! Thanx
  • bloomphotogbloomphotog Registered Users Posts: 582 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2012
    Masterful.....now I am off to go find your blog.....
    edited April 27, 2012
    Masterful.....now I am off to go find your blog.....
    Thanks Josh!thumb.gif

My Gallery
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,165 moderator
    edited April 29, 2012
    I just found this thread, and am late to the party. Awais, this is an incredible collection of photos, all awesome. Good job!
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2012
    Loved looking through those pics! clap.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited April 30, 2012
    Thanks David and David :D

My Gallery
  • dixondukedixonduke Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2012
    Lovely work, and inspiring.

I am leaving Houston, TX this Saturday and will have 2 days in Istanbul and 5 days in Antalya. I can't wait to get there, and your work has set the bar very high for me. I only hope that I can capture some images that may be as elegant as you have shared.

Thanks for the motivation.
    Duke
    edited September 22, 2012
    dixonduke wrote: »
    Lovely work, and inspiring.

I am leaving Houston, TX this Saturday and will have 2 days in Istanbul and 5 days in Antalya. I can't wait to get there, and your work has set the bar very high for me. I only hope that I can capture some images that may be as elegant as you have shared.

Thanks for the motivation.

Waiting for your clicks, it is awesome country and i am sure you will bring some great images. thumb.gifthumb

My Gallery