Bright sun outdoor wedding pics.

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited July 6, 2009 in Weddings
My latest wedding, we started out at 1:00 in bright 90 degree sunshine.
Tough....
The ceremony was at 3:00 not much better.
I was able to steal the couple away later for a few more shots.
I really like the way these came out especially because of the harsh conditions.
I have two more shoots to process this weekend that I need to get started on so I hope you don't mind clicking on the link. Appreciate it...
Click on the slideshow button and you can click through them quickly.

http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/gallery/5643485_zgudR/1/581502549_zQ4UU

Comments

• Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2009
    Zoomer...

I have to say that that you definitely have a knack for photography. These are very nice. I am a big fan of your surrealistic backgrounds...just spot on.

You have very good control of your light, composition, and post processing...not to mention your posing. You set the bar pretty high. I've looked a hundreds of wedding sites...your images are in the top five percent of the best.

Anyone can work for 20 years and post 30 of their best representative images...but, your posts continuously represent the entire wedding shoot at a high level of skill and professionalism.

What more can I say, thanks for sharing. I look forward to more of your wedding images.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    Hi Ed911,
    Thanks so much for the positive comments. I really appreciate you taking the time to have a look.

Glad you noticed the backgrounds, that is where my photography style starts.

You put your finger on the heart of my advertising philosophy, and why I show so much of my work.
    For any potential customer that takes the time to look I want them to see that I can handle whatever they may throw my way on their wedding day.
  • Dave PDave P Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    zoomer:

Keep in mind that I'm a newb, all things DSLR, but that is some beautiful work.

I've learned quite a bit, simply by studying the shots you presented.

Thanks.

Dave
  • mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    schweet... VERY well done my friend! How on earth did you light the girls in shot 7? exif says 1/2000 but I see catchlights?

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
    edited July 6, 2009
    Appreciate the comments.
    Appreciate you clicking to the gallery and taking the time to look and comment.

I always have my flash set on focal plane. The shutter speed will go as high as it needs to, it reduces the flash strength but I counteract with higher iso. Then I can shoot at F2.8 with flash.
  • mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    zoomer wrote:
    Appreciate the comments.
    Appreciate you clicking to the gallery and taking the time to look and comment.

I always have my flash set on focal plane. The shutter speed will go as high as it needs to, it reduces the flash strength but I counteract with higher iso. Then I can shoot at F2.8 with flash.

Wow... that seems like a lot of light for (assume that is the same as) high speed sync. Nice work!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
    edited July 6, 2009
    Sorry, yes high speed sync.
    Thanks.
    mmmatt wrote:
    Wow... that seems like a lot of light for (assume that is the same as) high speed sync. Nice work!

Matt