please help, pictures in gallery produce white spots when viewed on IE but

noniladynonilady Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
edited March 2, 2007 in SmugMug Support
hi

when i tried viewing pictures in any galleries, they produce terrible white spots when viewed on IE but not on FF. On FF pictures look excellent as should be.

one example of the gallery is www.photowardrobe.com/joyce18th , it starts getting worse by producing all those white spots from page 29 onwards on the slideshow.....it doesnt have to be on slideshow even on other gallery styles still give the same problem if viewed on IE.

Please assist me as my client was shocked to see their pictures have lots of white spots on screen, I promised them that i will look into this matter ASAP so that problems could be rectified and they could see the pictures properly not the white spots....

thank you
Nonilady
long way to go but getting there:D:ivar:lynnma

Comments

• S&SPhotoS&SPhoto Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    nonilady wrote:
    hi

when i tried viewing pictures in any galleries, they produce terrible white spots when viewed on IE but not on FF. On FF pictures look excellent as should be.

one example of the gallery is www.photowardrobe.com/joyce18th , it starts getting worse by producing all those white spots from page 29 onwards on the slideshow.....it doesnt have to be on slideshow even on other gallery styles still give the same problem if viewed on IE.

Please assist me as my client was shocked to see their pictures have lots of white spots on screen, I promised them that i will look into this matter ASAP so that problems could be rectified and they could see the pictures properly not the white spots....

thank you
    Not sure what's going on, but that is odd. To anyone who can help you, I can also see this ocurring on pictures #24, 27 and 31 (in addition to the aforementioned #29) when using IE 6.

Samir
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    It's a known problem with IE6 & 7, and there are several threads about it on the forum here somewhere. Really dark spots turn white for some reason. We have not been able to figure out what's going on yet, I'm sorry.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    It's an IE issue with the Slideshow. {JT} is working on a new version of the Slideshows, hopefully it'll be done very soon and in your hands. Nothing to be done now, sorry.

You can enable viewer's choice...
  • noniladynonilady Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    yeah its every where on other pages as well....mine is IE 7....ok .....i just have to inform them to try and use FF while waiting for this problem being sorted.

thanks guys!!
    Nonilady
    long way to go but getting there:D:ivar:lynnma