Options

Circus Aerials

NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
edited October 31, 2014 in People
The newest twist in what I shoot has turned out to be circus acts specifically aerialists, the following is a mix of 1 circus based show and some others which had various other acts as well. They were all in very low light and the fast movement made these shots a big challenge with available light. All were shot ~F2.8 and ISO 12,800-25,600.

1) i-ZT7wszD.jpg

2) i-SQpRfbV.jpg

3) i-Kxm47Bc.jpg

4) i-Kb8Z6t7.jpg

5) i-dW8xpnX.jpg

6) i-QZ8RvKc.jpg

7) i-CzShQTK.jpg

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2014
    So, so, cool!! thumb.gif
  • Options
    StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2014
    Wow! These are great--full of drama and tension. Numbers 1, 2 and 7 really stand out for me. Truly stunning.
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2014
    Well done.

Interested to know what camera body and lense(s) used, and if you needed to reduce grain much in post processing.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    Gaby617Gaby617 Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2014
    All are awesome by #2 is a eye catcher.
  • Options
    NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2014
    Well done.

Interested to know what camera body and lense(s) used, and if you needed to reduce grain much in post processing.

Phil

D700 & D7100, just a quick note gear wise at these light levels the D700 really doesn't like red lights and it'll get blown out a lot faster than the D7100. For the noise reduction I just did a little bit in lightroom but nothing fancy. Lenses were my 28-75 F2.8 Tamron (the slow focus of that lens is an issue) and Sigma 50-150 F2.8. When I shoot one of these again I plan on using my 50 F1.8 on one of the bodies, ideally I'd get a 85 F1.8 but this is not at the level where I can justify that purchase.
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2014
    D700 & D7100, just a quick note gear wise at these light levels the D700 really doesn't like red lights and it'll get blown out a lot faster than the D7100. For the noise reduction I just did a little bit in lightroom but nothing fancy. Lenses were my 28-75 F2.8 Tamron (the slow focus of that lens is an issue) and Sigma 50-150 F2.8. When I shoot one of these again I plan on using my 50 F1.8 on one of the bodies, ideally I'd get a 85 F1.8 but this is not at the level where I can justify that purchase.

I think the results are exceptional for those two camera bodies. I was thinking you had used a newer sensor camera body that boast low noise at high ISOs. Well done!

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    Reflections By BrianReflections By Brian Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited October 31, 2014
    Very cool set. I love them all byt the symmetry in number 2, is just... WOW. Nice job.