Default Gallery Settings

silvertanksilvertank Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited July 21, 2011 in SmugMug Support
Is there an option somewhere to change the default smugmug gallery settings so that when a new gallery is created, it will use MY default settings so I don't have to apply my settings from the 'quick settings' dropdown?

Comments

• Smug EricSmug Eric Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 333
    edited July 12, 2011
    Your only option is the quick setting. There is not a way to modify our default gallery settings.
    Eric
    Support Hero and Customeister
    http://www.smugmug.com/help
  • SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2011
    There is an option when creating the gallery to use a quick setting. I use this all the time and it works pretty well.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • silvertanksilvertank Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2011
    Agreed. It works well, when you're using your computer to create the gallery. But, I was hoping we could change the default settings because I have an Eye-Fi card that will automatically transfer my images from the camera to a smugmug gallery. I can change the settings on my cell phone to have it automatically create a new gallery, but cannot change the settings of that gallery from my phone.

I hope SmugMug does more work on the Android app so that we can view order proofs, correct cropping, and make gallery setting changes.

Thanks guys.
    edited July 15, 2011
    silvertank wrote: »
    Agreed. It works well, when you're using your computer to create the gallery. But, I was hoping we could change the default settings because I have an Eye-Fi card that will automatically transfer my images from the camera to a smugmug gallery. I can change the settings on my cell phone to have it automatically create a new gallery, but cannot change the settings of that gallery from my phone.
    How are you creating the gallery? headscratch.gif If you're using the standard web site, there's an option right there on the create gallery screen to use a quick setting.
  • silvertanksilvertank Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited July 21, 2011
    The Eye-Fi application creates the gallery based on the name I give it from my cell phone, but since I cannot change the setting of that gallery from the app, it uses the default settings, thus giving viewer the ability to download original files....at least until I get to a computer to change the settings manually. I was just inquiring because it would be neat if SM would let us set our own default settings.
    edited July 21, 2011
    Ahhh, I see. Does it have to create a gallery? Can you add the images to an existing gallery instead?