Options

Would these be considered "landscape" photos or??

superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
edited December 12, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
A few that I'm proud of but I don't know how to categorize them... even in my own albums. Bridges are becoming a bit of a thing for me. Since we have a LOT of them in Jacksonville I keep finding a lot of shots in this genre. I don't think it's quite architectural (is it?). It seems to be broad enough "scale" for landscape but it's not exactly all natural. Any opinions much appreciated.

p1278286262-5.jpg

p1278286280-5.jpg
Accidents and Inspiration
One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..

Comments

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited December 11, 2012
    I see them as very cool and certainly architectural. All other arguments would be subjective anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2012
    Thanks. Yeah thinking about it now my question is a bit silly. Even though they are broad in scope they're obviously architectural. They're bridges for crying out loud! Laughing.gif. I'm newish to this and I'm discovering that all my years working as a draftsmen is influencing my style in ways that surprise me a bit. Fun stuff.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited December 11, 2012
    Shoot what you know...it's a good formula
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2012
    I like what you have done here superduckz - the dreamy smoothing is cool.
    I have often looked at the concrete freeways out here as potential subjects - I think you have given me the prod to give it a go.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited December 12, 2012
    That's Cool! Thanks Earache!

Florida is so darn flat that I sort of look at big manmade structures (like bridges, interesting stretches of road etc.) as a chance to practice a type of landscape photography. This is what led me to my original (somewhat misguided) question. I can only take so many photos of the more or less subjectless wide open spaces of sprawling marshes, beaches and open skies before I get in a bit of a funk.