Options

Issue with uploader.

STP03BluesiSTP03Bluesi Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
edited March 8, 2012 in Bug Reporting
Acouple days ago I went and uploaded about 80 shots. Well it gave x amount of time, and then completed later on.

I went to see the shots and out of the 80, 63 were there.:scratch So I went back and resubmitted the ones that were missing and the rest went through fine.

Well the past 2 days I did a big upload of 150 shots, but I broke it down in 2 groups. And the same issue happened as maybe I just pushed to many through.

Well just this past min I pushed 6 images. Out of the 6, 5 came thru.

Is it a problem with Chrome?

I am running the most recent Java.

I have checked with my ISP and the amount of upload/download is good, my modem is pinging fine, and my wireless is running at the correct amount.

Anyone else having this issue?
Sorry I don't drift..but do take the photos.

Comments

• Options
    grannyrobingrannyrobin Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2012
    Please email us at help@smugmug.com so we can provide information related to your account. At the moment, we're not showing other similar reports.

Thanks.
    -Robin
  • Options
    STP03BluesiSTP03Bluesi Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited January 30, 2012
    I went back and looked at the Upload log and it says this - upload problem: incomplete file

But have emailed the help just now.
    Sorry I don't drift..but do take the photos.
  • Options
    olegosolegos Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited February 27, 2012
    I'm running into this all the time now. Was happening occasionally before too, but now it's much much worse. I think it's even reproducible here: drag & drop a video, then drop a bunch of photos. Checking the log in another tab shows the "upload problem: incomplete file" error with the video before the uploader gets to even half of the video. The uploader keeps working on the video (& two photos at the same time), and when it gets to the end of the video, it just sits there with "verifying upload". And the same happens with photos now and then. So eventually two photos get stuck as well, and the whole upload can't make any more progress & needs to be restarted. And the video never finishes. I've done this 3 times already, with the same result. Will be trying to upload the video by itself now -- what a pain...

(Also latest Chrome here, Windows Vista)
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2012
    Olegos, contact us at our HelpDesk with details so we can troubleshoot:
    http://help.smugmug.com/
    Thanks!
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2012
    I've got a lot of uploading to do later today. If I run into any problems like this, I'll post here. thumb.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2012
    I've been able to confirm the same 'stuck' situation on 'verifying upload' with photos. :cry I set 5 batches to run last night and the two large ones both stopped on this problem.
  • Options
    MilesForkMilesFork Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 7, 2012
    I have this exact same problem.. I have emailed support 5 times, over the past week and have had zero response... I think the heroes are lacking in super powers because I am getting frustrated... loosing clients.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2012
    MilesFork wrote: »
    I have this exact same problem.. I have emailed support 5 times, over the past week and have had zero response... I think the heroes are lacking in super powers because I am getting frustrated... loosing clients.
    Hi MilesFork,
    I see 4 emails from you in our system (the latest today) and we replied to all of them. Maybe our replies get stuck in your spam folder? If you can't locate the replies in your spam folder, is there an alternative email address you can be reached at?
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2012
    Maybe our replies get stuck in your spam folder? If you can't locate the replies in your spam folder, is there an alternative email address you can be reached at?
    It's really pitiful the way email delivery problems due to spam filters have increased over the years. I run into this same problem and it's really frustrating. It's stopping commerce and communication. I wonder if there's going to have to be a revamp in the email system akin to having 'friends' on social sites before email can be sent/received. It sounds like a pain, but I can't think of any way to solve this problem, especially when the free email hosts are largely the culprits, allowing spammers to use their addresses, and then filtering out legitimate email sending things like Smugmug's support responses to 'spam'. ne_nau.gif