Options

WTB: Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8

babygodzillababygodzilla Registered Users Posts: 184 Major grins
edited June 17, 2010 in Nikon Land
Looking to buy a Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8 for a reasonable price.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    tyestyes Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2010
    Looking to buy a Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8 for a reasonable price.

Thanks!

i got one, purchase this bad boy in dec 2009 had it for about 7 months from B&H, i have the receipt to prove it. in perfect condition like new. no markings or dust. i have everything to box, hood, manuals, and hoya filter. 1010.00 shipped..LMK..
  • Options
    babygodzillababygodzilla Registered Users Posts: 184 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2010
    Thanks. For that price I can get a refurbed one from Adorama: http://www.adorama.com/Als/ProductPage/NK1755DXR.html

I'll think about it. Perhaps if you are willing to lower a little bit?
  • Options
    tyestyes Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    Thanks. For that price I can get a refurbed one from Adorama: http://www.adorama.com/Als/ProductPage/NK1755DXR.html

I'll think about it. Perhaps if you are willing to lower a little bit?

your willing to pay that much $ for a refurbish. good luck on your search
  • Options
    r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    tyes wrote: »
    your willing to pay that much $ for a refurbish. good luck on your search

My understanding is that refurbs have always gotten extra attention over the assembly line testing of regular stock. I'm looking for this same lens and now you've got me thinking that I might have some incorrect ideas in my head.

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • Options
    HelenOsterHelenOster Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    r3t1awr3yd wrote: »
    My understanding is that refurbs have always gotten extra attention over the assembly line testing of regular stock. I'm looking for this same lens and now you've got me thinking that I might have some incorrect ideas in my head.

All refurbished units sold by Adorama Camera are factory refurbished by the manufacturer.
    They can have simply been pulled from the production line if something appears faulty, or if it hasn't passed the final inspection. Most of the time it is a very minor issue that needs correcting, nevertheless, once it is pulled from the normal flow of production, it gets flagged as a refurbished model, so you may get a unit straight from the factory that has never been used.

A refurb may also be an ex-store demo, possibly used in field tests or sales displays, or it may have been ordered in error and returned to the retailer (who can't then sell it as 'new' so it has to be sent back to the manufacturer for refurbishment).

All refurbished items will have been checked over by the manufacturer by hand, inspected very thoroughly, diagnosed, and calibrated by experienced technicians, and could therefore turn out to be more dependable than a new item - which will only have been checked by a process of systematic quality control protocol (ie by random sampling as it comes off the conveyor belt).

All Nikon refurbished products from Adorama come with a 90-day return-to-Nikon warranty.

I hope this helps, but do let me know if you need anything else.
    Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    http://twitter.com/HelenOster
    Helen@adorama.com
    www.adorama.com
  • Options
    r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    HelenOster wrote: »
    All refurbished units sold by Adorama Camera are factory refurbished by the manufacturer.
    They can have simply been pulled from the production line if something appears faulty, or if it hasn't passed the final inspection. Most of the time it is a very minor issue that needs correcting, nevertheless, once it is pulled from the normal flow of production, it gets flagged as a refurbished model, so you may get a unit straight from the factory that has never been used.

A refurb may also be an ex-store demo, possibly used in field tests or sales displays, or it may have been ordered in error and returned to the retailer (who can't then sell it as 'new' so it has to be sent back to the manufacturer for refurbishment).

All refurbished items will have been checked over by the manufacturer by hand, inspected very thoroughly, diagnosed, and calibrated by experienced technicians, and could therefore turn out to be more dependable than a new item - which will only have been checked by a process of systematic quality control protocol (ie by random sampling as it comes off the conveyor belt).

All Nikon refurbished products from Adorama come with a 90-day return-to-Nikon warranty.

I hope this helps, but do let me know if you need anything else.
    Thanks Helen, that is very reassuring. :D

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • Options
    bmoreshooterbmoreshooter Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2010
    If you're still looking I have one in perfect condition. 900.00 plus shipping.