Power Plan: 'Buy It'

duceducduceduc Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited October 22, 2014 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
My Power subscription is about to expired and I am deciding whether to renewal, downgrade or cancel. I signed up a year ago to have the ease of uploading photos and sharing via links. From my limited understanding, we don't make sales from buys if we have a power plan or lower. I noticed there is a buy it button on all my images. If someone would have purchased one of my images, will I still receive a notice that a sale was made? All the profit goes to Smugmug, correct?

At this moment, $60/yr is a bit too pricey for me. The basic would sound reasonable; however, I do love the custom domain which basic do not offer. The difference in $20 may steer me to downgrade or perhaps cancel.

Comments

• leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited October 22, 2014
    Hi duceduc,
    Our Support Heroes would love to help you through this. If you could email support@smugmug.com we can take a look at your account.

To address your comment on photo purchases. You have the ability, in all of your galleries, to enable purchasing of your photos. If you go into your gallery and choose Customize -> Gallery Settings, you'll see a tab for "Shopping." If you have "Shopping Cart" set to ON then anyone may purchase your photos. Setting this to OFF will prevent your photos from being purchased.

shopping.jpg

Currently, SmugMug does not send you an email when one of your photos has been purchased. Prior to joining the SmugMug team, this is something that I actively pushed for and had received over 100 votes on our Feature Request page. Feel free to give it a few more votes if you're interested.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • duceducduceduc Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited October 22, 2014
    Ah, I see that now. Perhaps that should be turned off by default for Power and below plans?