Lunar New Year Parade 2006

nickphoto123nickphoto123 Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
edited January 31, 2006 in Landscapes
Hello All,

On Saturday we attended a Lunar New Year Parade in Flushing, Queens County, New York City.

I shot the parade with my S9000 on my monopod, which I also used overhead ( about 8' ) with the self timer on many shots.
All of these shots are straight out of the camera with no Post Processing.
Each was resized for the web at 2000 pixels wide as JPEG at Medium Quality.

The Parade included the Chinese and Korean Communities as well as a large crowd of spectators of many diverse ethnic backgrounds. It was a great day for a Parade. I am very happy I got my S9000 back from repair just in time:

http://nickphoto123.smugmug.com/gallery/1161600

Regards, Nicholas

Comments

• MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2006
    You got some nice shots of an interesting event.
    Any chance you can pick a few of your favorites and post them here directly? Most of us don't want to sift through 72 pictures of a parade.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2006
    Mitchell wrote:
    You got some nice shots of an interesting event.
    Any chance you can pick a few of your favorites and post them here directly? Most of us don't want to sift through 72 pictures of a parade.

15524779-Ti.gif - great idea! And, Nick - allowing people to see the exif, that's relavent in this case since we want to be able to understand what the S90000 can do, thanks!
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2006
    Mitchell wrote:
    I think you'd get more comments, if you did ne_nau.gif

I reckon you need to try and show some of the emotion, drama and excitement of the event, faces, expressions, close ups, stories etc. Looks like a fantastic parade. Shot 10 is kind of what I'm thinking, but the focus is on the bg rather then the subject.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 31, 2006
    on my monopod, which I also used overhead ( about 8' )
    you've mentioned this technique several times now. Where on earth did you get an 8' monopod and how do you hold it steady enough above your head to take a halfway decent photo?
    headscratch.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    you've mentioned this technique several times now. Where on earth did you get an 8' monopod and how do you hold it steady enough above your head to take a halfway decent photo?
    headscratch.gif

I'd guess he's holding a std MP above his head rather then having an 8' MP. ne_nau.gif