Options

D600 Announcement

12346»

Comments

• Options
    jthomasjthomas Registered Users Posts: 454 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2014
    endurodog wrote: »
    Update on my camera in case others are wondering how the process is working. They received it last Wed 3/12 according to UPS tracking. The instructions says they will send an email when they open the box, no email as of today 3/18, a week later. Don't think it's going to be a quick type of thing. Anyone have any other info?

I sent mine in on Feb. 26th, the day the free repair was announced. It was received on the 28th (Friday) and was listed as "Shop" on Monday, March 3. It was to be returned to me on March 13th, but I was away and delayed the return until the 17th (yesterday). The sensor is perfectly clean and all is in order.

Your experience suggests that they are developing a backlog now.
  • Options
    endurodogendurodog Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2014
    Update. 3/24/14 Just got off the phone with Nikon and was advised that due to a high volume they have not entered it in the system yet. I need to stand by and wait for my email from them that they have received it. So I would suggest if your not having huge spotting issues you might wait a little before sending yours in as they are pretty backed up. (my camera sent on the 3/7 and ups arrived on 3/12)
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2014
    Hope this is the final update. Mailed my camera on 3/7 and received it back on 4/1. Missing the LCD protector but other wise appears good.
  • Options
    MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2014
    Very pleased with the turnaround
    Shipped mine in on 3/20 and received on 4/2.
    Replaced shutter mechanism
    Sensor cleaned
    AF adjusted
    Checked bayonet mount
    General check and clean

So does this mean with the new shutter mechanism it gets the 6 fps like the D610?
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2014
    Moma you got a few things done mine didn't have done and you got your back quicker.
  • Options
    cab.in.bostoncab.in.boston Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2014
    MomaZunk wrote: »
    So does this mean with the new shutter mechanism it gets the 6 fps like the D610?

It's new, but not "new." :D

According to an article from Thom Hogan, D600 shutters were replaced with D600 shutters, not D610 shutters, due to some apparent slight changes between the two mechanisms.
    Father, husband, dog lover, engineer, Nikon shooter
    My site 365 Project
  • Options
    duff65duff65 Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited April 11, 2014
    It's new, but not "new." :D

According to an article from Thom Hogan, D600 shutters were replaced with D600 shutters, not D610 shutters, due to some apparent slight changes between the two mechanisms.

Mine is going back for the 3rd time, plus when I got it back the 2nd time it had 953 more actuations than when I sent it in.
    Just spoke to a supervisor who wants to see more images ne_nau.gif