Download all

melissachristinemelissachristine Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited August 2, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I use my smugmug site with several big clients. These clients have a need to 1. view images, 2. Download a single image 3. Download the whole gallery at various stages in the event. Right now I build the download zip and send it to them, but this poses multiple problems. 1. I am often shooting the event and can't do that 2. the zip expires and this creates confusion with the client. 3. If they client needs to re-download the gallery at a certain point I have to get involved again. It also requires a whole paragraph of explanation on how to download a single file and sometimes a phone call to help.

Pixiset and Shootproof both have A. A "download all" button with the ability to turn that on and off by gallery B. the ability to list an email address that has permission to download all files. I don't know how Zenfolio handles this. I really wish Smugmug would follow suit and add a simple "download" button and a "download all" that allows the client to generate their own zip.

Am I missing this in Smugmug? Does anyone have a work around?

~Melissa
pictures.melissalundie.com

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2014
    Visitors can only download individual photos on their own if you allow it. Requesting the download for an entire gallery is only something you as the logged in account owner can do. There's no way around that. I'm sorry.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2014
    This isn't a real smugmug solution (and I would like to have exactly the same by the way), but you could let it build the zip, store it off in the cloud somewhere, and put a link in a gallery description to "download entire gallery here".

From the customer perspective it's pretty transparent that it is not a smugmug solution.

From your perspective it is a royal pain to remember to build those (and rebuild if you edit the gallery); I'm not suggesting it is a good solution.