Options

Remove all passwords across my entire account

frugalafrugala Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited July 28, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
How can I remove all passwords on all galleries across my site?

In the past, I have added passwords to different galleries. Instead of going to each one and finding out which ones are, or are not, password protected, I would like to apply a sitewide REMOVE PASSWORDS command. Is there a way to do this?

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2014
    You need to go into Organizer and start at the top. Select folders/galleries on the right, one type at a time.
    Do not "select all" as a mixture of folders and galleries won't work, only if all same type on right

Settings > Security and Privacy
    check boxes for password and hint
    blank or leave blank boxes and save

Repeat for ever level of folder, expand each folder to the lowest level
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2014
    so, it sounds like the answer is "No" there is not a simple way to do it across the entire site? Just go through every gallery 1 by 1...
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2014
    frugala wrote: »
    so, it sounds like the answer is "No" there is not a simple way to do it across the entire site? Just go through every gallery 1 by 1...
    You do not need to go through every gallery, just each folder.
    Folders hold multiple galleries.
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2014
    Ah! Ok, thank you, i will try that! You can tell i still don't understand folder vs gallery, but it is starting to sink in.
    THANKS
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2014
    Well, i just tried that, and it didn't work. (Are you using the New Layout, or Legacy? I migrated to the New Layout) I have to go to each gallery and erase the password. However, now I see that a passworded gallery has a LOCK in the corner of the icon, so this will be easy to find and remove passwords now. THANK YOU.

OK, now the next thing is: I want to change my UNLISTED and PRIVATE folders to become normal again too. I don't see a unique icon, and the folder level change does not seem to adjust the galleries, so it looks like i have to go through every gallery and look for this change 1 by 1... ?
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2014
    This is for the NewSmug only.
    In Organizer when a folder is highlighted on the left tree, you'll see gallery and maybe also folder
    thumbs on the right. On the right select only the galleries or folders and in settings you can change
    all these as a group. Each type has to done done separately in settings.

With the left folder highlighted select all folders and change these as a group.
    Expand the folder can repeat for each level.

Highlight your name at the top and you can change settings for all the top level folders in a group.
    And top level galleries if any exist.
    Pages probably have to be done as a separate group also.
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2014
    Nice, thank you, that works. There really is a lot of power here, just takes a bit of time to get used to how it all works.