Options

Significant lightbox customizations

bnickesonbnickeson Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
edited July 25, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
I've got my galleries, folders, and everything else updated looking the way I'd like it. However, the lightbox is still a huge ugly annoyance in my opinion and I'd like to update it if at all possible. My main goals are to center a title and caption under each photo, with these not located in the same CSS block that the Share, Buy, Info, and other buttons are located. In essence, I'd like the lightbox to appear more like a regular image page. Below is a wonderfully detailed Paint image I drew up in about 30 seconds illustrating what I'd like to be able to see. Is this even possible using CSS since it's such a far cry from the standard code?

I found Sherlock Photography's CSS modifications to center the title and caption, but that wasn't what I was really looking for. Am I better off making a feature request to add the option of an image page rather than the lightbox? That would sure make CSS customizations easier I would imagine. However, the smugmug people would have to re-write a lot of code it'd seem to make this a reality, and thus would probably be a long shot to actually have implemented.

Thanks.