Gallery customization in new SM - don't want to display keywords

13»

Comments

• pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2014
    Just delete all your keywords from smugmug instead of hiding them. Keep in mind that all your keywords are visible on your /keyword page right now. Hiding them from the galleries using CSS does not remove them.

Dave
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited July 24, 2014
    wclukes wrote: »
    ...If I enter a keyword for searching my photos in SmugMug, even if I'm not logged in, the search still shows up all those photos that I did not want people to be able to search for, even though I have both internet search and SmugMug search turned off for the galleries where those photos live.

I am not dealing with nuclear secrets here, but I hike and travel to a lot of places in the mountains for which I don't particularly care to publicize the location that is in my keywords set, but am not willing to lose the keyword metadata because I use it so much in Lightroom.

Any way to not let people search by my metadata keywords?
    Using CSS hides the display of the keywords but as you've found CSS does not hide the keywords.

Did you turn off web search and smugmug search before you loaded your photos? If you didn't I suspect that the indexes were already built and that it will take a while for the keywords to fall out of the index. (I could be wrong about that, just kind of thinking out loud).

It sounds like you're saying you want to share the photos but you don't want viewers to know where the photos were taken. Making the galleries unlisted will essentially remove the keyword access but that means that people won't be able to find the unlisted galleries without being given a direct link. Of course there are some viewers (like me!) who will be turned off by not knowing where the photos were taken. No matter, I would just move on to a different site.

I think pilotdave has the right idea - just delete the keywords. (Of course that doesn't help you with findability but I'm not sure you want to be found...)

--- Denise
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2014
    wclukes wrote: »
    Been playing with CSS to hide all traces of keywords. This might work to hide /keyword page plus any
    individual keyword page. /keyword goes to page but content is hidden to visitors.

Not sure if this is 100% so needs additional testing.
    Add to "entire site" CSS.
    .sm-keywords-list,
    .sm-page-gallery-keyword .sm-breadcrumb,
    .sm-page-gallery-keyword .sm-gallery-content {display:none}

.sm-user-owner .sm-keywords-list,
    .sm-user-owner.sm-page-gallery-keyword .sm-breadcrumb,
    .sm-user-owner.sm-page-gallery-keyword .sm-gallery-content 
    {display:block}

Edit: I have not checked to search page as I think it also searches KW's.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog