Engagement shoot with a Ferrari, Where can I go to the beach with a car in Miami?

haringharing Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
edited February 14, 2011 in Weddings
I am going to have a fun engagement shoot with a very nice couple and a Ferrari.
In the Miami area, I would like to take them to the beach where we can get very close the the water. Do you know a place in the Miami area where I can take some fun photos of them, the car and the beach? It would be great if we could go onto the sand with the car...

Any fun ideas?

Also, please share you experience with us if you have ever done an engagement session with a car. It would be great if you would have a link to the photos...!

Any fun engagement shoot ideas with a car are welcome!

Comments

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2011
    The only beach in FL where you can drive on the beach is Daytona, not sure if in Miami you can bring a car on the beach at all. I'm sure you can park it close by. Sorry, couldn't help much.
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • haringharing Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2011
    ShepsMom wrote: »
    The only beach in FL where you can drive on the beach is Daytona, not sure if in Miami you can bring a car on the beach at all. I'm sure you can park it close by. Sorry, couldn't help much.

Still thanks a lot! There used to be areas in Miami you could get close to the beach (Virginia key, etc.) but not any more...
  • tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2011
    Call me anti-fun and all, but the idea of driving a low slung Ferrari on the beach doesn't sound too smart to me.
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2011
    If you are using a Ferrari, I think you should try to use the details of the car and not the entire car. There will be some personal focus issues to it. Will the viewers be looking at the couple? Or the car?

Since Ferraris are two seaters, you could have the dude sit down and the lady on his lap and do some neg. space between the frame of the window and them or a reflection from the mirror. It might be a little tight inside the car though.

And I also think that driving a low riding Ferrari on sand and ocean water would be a good. Unless you can find a pier where you can drive it closer to the water. Ferraris aren't made for loose sand. ne_nau.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • studio1972studio1972 Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2011
    Not sure about florida, but on this side of the pond I have been amazed at how much more lenient the authorities can be with wedding cars, and even my car when I'm with them.
    edited February 14, 2011
    studio1972 wrote: »
    Not sure about florida, but on this side of the pond I have been amazed at how much more lenient the authorities can be with wedding cars, and even my car when I'm with them.

they are lenient here as well!!! :)
    edited February 14, 2011
    If you are using a Ferrari, I think you should try to use the details of the car and not the entire car. There will be some personal focus issues to it. Will the viewers be looking at the couple? Or the car?

Since Ferraris are two seaters, you could have the dude sit down and the lady on his lap and do some neg. space between the frame of the window and them or a reflection from the mirror. It might be a little tight inside the car though.

And I also think that driving a low riding Ferrari on sand and ocean water would be a good. Unless you can find a pier where you can drive it closer to the water. Ferraris aren't made for loose sand. ne_nau.gif

Thanks a lot!!!!