Right click protection

bnickesonbnickeson Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
edited July 24, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Well this is embarrassing. It seems that even when I turn the right-click protection off in a certain gallery, it still appears when you right click a thumbnail within the gallery or right click anywhere within the lightbox (which is annoying since I can't 'Inspect Element' in Chrome). Is there a higher level setting somewhere that is controlling this? Because the gallery settings don't seem to be.

The Recent and Favorites galleries both currently have protection turned off. They can be accessed through the navbar. Any ideas?

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited July 24, 2014
    This was reported as a bug in this thread. Based on a response from someone who works at smug it appears this was done deliberately.

--- Denise
  • bnickesonbnickeson Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited July 24, 2014
    Well that's...uhhhh...interesting. Gonna make trying to re-code the dumpster fire that is my lightbox difficult. Thanks Denise.
    edited July 24, 2014
    bnickeson wrote: »
    Well that's...uhhhh...interesting. Gonna make trying to re-code the dumpster fire that is my lightbox difficult. Thanks Denise.
    If the right click protect setting is off a viewer should be able to right click save from lightbox. It's only on some smug pages where the setting is re-enabled.

Look at my site.

This is a link to a folder - http://www.denisegoldberg.com/Wandering-near-home.
    Right click protect is off in all galleries - but it is on on the folder page (and I don't want it on anywhere).
    If you click into a gallery, right click protect is off on the individual photos in the collage presentation and it is off on the photos in lightbox.

I want it off on the folder page too but that's what the deliberate change was - it doesn't respect the right click off on folders or on the /browse page.

Where are you seeing right click protect on where you have it set to off?

How did you create the recent and favorites galleries? Are they collections from galleries with right click turned on?

I'm asking because my recent page (select from recent) does not have right click on.
    http://www.denisegoldberg.com/Recent-photos/n-WKqnh

--- Denise
    edited July 24, 2014
    Where are you seeing right click protect on where you have it set to off?

How did you create the recent and favorites galleries? Are they collections from galleries with right click turned on?

I'm asking because my recent gallery does not have right click on.

--- Denise
    Ahh, it seems to be inheriting the right click protection on the collected images. I didn't even think of that. So I'll just go back and turn it off in all of the galleries, which brings me to my next rather ignorant question...

Is there a way to bulk edit gallery settings? Like if I wanted to turn right click protection off for everything, is there a way to go about that that doesn't take forever? I haven't used the new Organize feature enough to know much about it, except that it doesn't provide quite the functionality I'd like it to.

Thanks!
    edited July 24, 2014
    Nevermind, I see that the most 'global' you can bulk edit is at the folder level. That will do.
    edited July 24, 2014
    bnickeson wrote: »
    Ahh, it seems to be inheriting the right click protection on the collected images. I didn't even think of that. So I'll just go back and turn it off in all of the galleries, which brings me to my next rather ignorant question...

Is there a way to bulk edit gallery settings? Like if I wanted to turn right click protection off for everything, is there a way to go about that that doesn't take forever? I haven't used the new Organize feature enough to know much about it, except that it doesn't provide quite the functionality I'd like it to.
    You can bulk edit settings for all of the galleries in a folder.
    • Go into the organizer.
    • Click on the folder in the tree.
    • Multi-select or select all to select all of the galleries in the folder.
    • Click settings.
    • You will be taken to the bulk gallery settings.
    • Click the check box in front of the setting(s) you want to change.
    • Select the new property.
    • Click Save.
    --- Denise