Taken at Riverside Cemetery.

i-SK9SfPS-XL.jpg

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2014
    Howdy Mary,

Good job on the exposure!

If I may, and I know you didn't ask...

If the image was cropped on the top, down to the top of the skylight, it really allows my eye to easily accept the stained glass window as the focal point of the image. As it is presently, my eye goes back and forth between the skylight and the stained glass window, unsure which is the focal point.

(my quick view/crop was to simply scroll the image so that the top was cropped off)

All the best to ya'...
    Randy
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2014
    rwells wrote: »
    Howdy Mary,

Good job on the exposure!

If I may, and I know you didn't ask...

If the image was cropped on the top, down to the top of the skylight, it really allows my eye to easily accept the stained glass window as the focal point of the image. As it is presently, my eye goes back and forth between the skylight and the stained glass window, unsure which is the focal point.

(my quick view/crop was to simply scroll the image so that the top was cropped off)

All the best to ya'...

Thanks Randy - I agree with you on the cropping :D Looks a little tilted when I see it posted here vs looking at it in photoshop. Need to fix that too.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2014
    It is drawing us in as is! Very nice! I don't know how to do it, but if everything else was black and white and only the central window was kept colored, it might add something! Just a thought! Cheers!
    edited September 19, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    It is drawing us in as is! Very nice! I don't know how to do it, but if everything else was black and white and only the central window was kept colored, it might add something! Just a thought! Cheers!

I did do a full BW version of the photo, but I will play around with keeping the window colored and see how it looks :D

i-7FgKk49-XL.jpg
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    B&W working for me much more! Beautiful!
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    Beautiful, Mary! I like the cropped idea too. It must've been so moving to see in person.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited September 21, 2014
    redleash wrote: »
    Beautiful, Mary! I like the cropped idea too. It must've been so moving to see in person.

Lauren

I had not been in here since I was a young child. We use to go with family members to put flowers on distant relatives burial spots. As the years went by I never went in there again. Last year I tried to get in, but the door was locked. Times have changed - when I was young the door was never locked. I was able to get a key since I have family members in there and we went in. The stained glass windows are really beautiful. I have a few more photos I've not edited yet. I will do the cropping on this one :D
    edited September 21, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    B&W working for me much more! Beautiful!

Thank you :D