morcel of rust

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
edited September 17, 2014 in Other Cool Shots

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2014
    Now this can be hanging or should be hanging in a gallery somewhere!clap.gifthumb
  • roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    Cool shot. Very organic, and I really like the color combo, lines and textures.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Now this can be hanging or should be hanging in a gallery somewhere!clap.gifthumb
    roaddog52 wrote: »
    Cool shot. Very organic, and I really like the color combo, lines and textures.

Phil

Thank you, glad you liked it!
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    Well, this may be the most minimalistic rust offering I've seen lately. The term ' morsel ' is very appropriate. What really matters, though, is that this image is stronger than dirt. The little bit of rust, along with the dynamic pattern of the vines, creates a very compelling picture. Your composition, Cristóbal, is spot on. The contrast in colors also contributes to the making of a really powerful image. Well done, my man.clap.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    Thank you for your kind words as usual Tom.

My apologies for misspelling "morsel". I am not sure why you can't go into the "edit" mode and correct the title of a thread.
  • lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    Like the lines, contrast in colors and layout of the composition. I hope you don't mind but I think the rust area takes away from the image.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
    edited September 16, 2014
    Like the lines, contrast in colors and layout of the composition. I hope you don't mind but I think the rust area takes away from the image.

Phil

Thanks for the comment Phil! This is what Dgrin is all about, the exchange of opinions and constructive criticism. I'm not sure on this one there's something in the composition that bugs me, without the rusted part it looks too simple, with it it looks somewhat unbalanced. ne_nau.gif
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    Really like this one Cristóbal... just the way it is...
    I like the dotted lines of the missing vines - very different - and I like the rust patch/bolt as an incongruous focal point.
    I dunno -I think it all works well!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    Earache wrote: »
    Really like this one Cristóbal... just the way it is...
    I like the dotted lines of the missing vines - very different - and I like the rust patch/bolt as an incongruous focal point.
    I dunno -I think it all works well!

Thanks! I too like the dotted lines. Glad to hear that you think it works.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2014
    I think that your own description is spot on, and is also why this image is successful.

"...I'm not sure on this one there's something in the composition that bugs me, without the rusted part it looks too simple, with it it looks somewhat unbalanced."

Good job thumb.gif
    Randy
    rwells wrote: »
    I think that your own description is spot on, and is also why this image is successful.

"...I'm not sure on this one there's something in the composition that bugs me, without the rusted part it looks too simple, with it it looks somewhat unbalanced."

Good job thumb.gif

Thanks Randy.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    rwells wrote: »

Good job thumb.gif
    I am in full agreement on Randy's position here! thumb.gif

:D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    I am in full agreement on Randy's position here! thumb.gif

:D

Don

:D It's one of those "cursed if you do, cursed if you don't"...