Options

Moon-street scene

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
edited September 15, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
cz_2014_0077-64-XL.jpg

I'm on the fence with this one, but not sure why. Any thoughts, criticisms? Please?

Comments

• Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2014
    I think the street lights - especially on the right side - are too bright, and distract me from the Moon. Had to look twice to see it.
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,182 moderator
    edited September 15, 2014
    Its the three other lights that are below and closest to the moon that is throwing my eyes off the moon almost entirely. You could edit them out and isolate the moon to allow it to stand out with more distinction. Or, just take another stab at it. Either way, and honestly, the shot doesn't do much for me. The moon gets lost in the street scene. Hard to know what the subject is.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,913 moderator
    David_S85 wrote: »
    Its the three other lights that are below and closest to the moon that is throwing my eyes off the moon almost entirely. You could edit them out and isolate the moon to allow it to stand out with more distinction. Or, just take another stab at it. Either way, and honestly, the shot doesn't do much for me. The moon gets lost in the street scene. Hard to know what the subject is.
    I agree, though I would add that the three non-aligned lights on the right also add to the problem. If you clone all of the "strays" out, the moon stands out more.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    Van with open door and the stop hand sign, along with decapitated lights on the right, kill the mood for me! Love your stuff in general though! Cheers!
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    Thanks for your comments everyone, I wanted (and failed) to get a moon picture with some context. I'll try to do better next time.