Options

1967 Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray 427

p27rpyp27rpy Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
edited June 25, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
Recently had the pleasure of shooting this MINT '67 427. Gorgeous car, amazing condition. Definitely solidifies the C2 Corvette as one of the more beautiful cars ever produced, in my mind anyway. If you'd like, you can read more about it and see a few more photos on MY BLOG

i-7Shk72x-X2.jpg
i-r6DpJ8H-X2.jpg
i-78MJH4K-XL.jpg
i-c6Z8pfv-X2.jpg
i-drnQ3hH-XL.jpg
i-HwLrgWQ-X2.jpg
i-hfB5FMq-X2.jpg
i-LgZc7qd-X2.jpg
i-dpTJznz-XL.jpg\
i-DcTsSdL-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2013
    As always, super shots!
    This car causes the deadly sin of Lust, I think.
    Saw one of these on the "Fast & Loud" TV show - was described as a bit of a "Holy Grail" and sold for 50K wholesale in "preserved" (not restored) condition.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2013
    It's always interesting to see something on one of the most iconic cars of our times. I purchased a new 1967 427/435 'Vette right after it was introduced. Mine was green with a white stinger. It was amusing to see the window sticker on the one you shot. I bought mine through a high-ranking GM exec and paid $4700 for it.

During the year and one-half that I owned the "Vette, it was my only car. I could hardly wait to get rid of the thing. It was noisy, rode very rough, and would roast you with the heat the thing put out. No A/C was available with the 427/435. Yes, it was exhilarating to drive....SOMETIME. As a daily driver, though, it was an abject failure. In the ensuing years, anytime I had a car like that one you can bet that I had at least one other car in the stable.

I have one comment about your photography. In this series, and in most of your other work I've seen, quite a few of the shots appear washed out to me. Is that by intent....is that a part of your PP technique that is done on purpose?

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    p27rpyp27rpy Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2013
    I agree that the side pipes might make it a bit much for daily driving, but I just can't get past its looks, haha.

My editing is on the lighter side, and I know its not everyone's cup of tea. It's a bit of both my PP and the shooting process of shooting near/into the sun at times.