CS6 is official

2»

Comments

• bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2012
    Downloaded the CS6 upgrade (was on CS4) and installed it on my two systems. The installs went smoothly but I haven't had time to play with CS6 yet.
  • jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2012
    Anyone with Cloud have any updates? How is it working for them.. any downsides?

I have CS5 Master Suite and considering Cloud. For the most part because of the expense since I didn't jump on CS5.5. They want to charge me over like $1100 or something to go to CS6 Master Suite! Yeah I can tell it is a better deal, but I guess I am really dumbfounded at why is it so much cheaper? I don't get DVD's when I've upgraded before. ...so it is almost the same from that standpoint. I guess I am a skeptic... what is the catch!!?? ;)

A few other questions if anyone can help. Does the Cloud stuff pull over your info like from Dreamweaver i.e the site manager info? ...but maybe that would be better for a nice chat session with Adobe. lol

One thing that sorta is cool, but sucks is I already purchased LR 4.0 and I guess Cloud CS6 comes with LR 4.0. ARRRRGH!!!

Thanks!
  • babowcbabowc Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2012
    I'm pretty new to PP and I don't think I've used the CS5 enough.. mainly due to the fact that I've been doing almost everything in LR.
    -Mike Jin
    D800
    16/2.8, f1.4G primes, f2.8 trio, 105/200 macro, SB900.
    It never gets easier, you just get better.
  • Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2012
    I'm using creative cloud. For apps like photoshop or premiere it's really not any different than buying the products outright. Once you subscription is active you go to a web page and pick the products you want and they are installed locally.

Assuming you are using a few of the products and you typically upgrade when a new version comes out then the creative cloud is less expensive.

Also on the last update Adobe said that some of the features that were added would not be added to the stand alone versions.
    jww wrote: »
    Anyone with Cloud have any updates? How is it working for them.. any downsides?
    edited September 2, 2012
    Dan7312 wrote: »
    I'm using creative cloud. For apps like photoshop or premiere it's really not any different than buying the products outright. Once you subscription is active you go to a web page and pick the products you want and they are installed locally.

Assuming you are using a few of the products and you typically upgrade when a new version comes out then the creative cloud is less expensive.

Also on the last update Adobe said that some of the features that were added would not be added to the stand alone versions.

Cool! Thanks so much for that!

I use most of the entire Adobe Master Suite as I am usually into many different mixed media projects. Even Premier and After Effects! I just couldn't believe it could be that much cheaper. Glad to hear it is really not any different!!

I really appreciate your input! thumb.gif
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2012
    I subscribed to the cloud service as soon as Lr4 was added (was running on LR3 and PS Elements)... thanks to the cloud, the full suite of up to date software is available to me and I couldn't be happier! I'm now learning about Illustrator too!
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
    edited September 3, 2012
    PedalGirl wrote: »
    I subscribed to the cloud service as soon as Lr4 was added (was running on LR3 and PS Elements)... thanks to the cloud, the full suite of up to date software is available to me and I couldn't be happier! I'm now learning about Illustrator too!

That is cool! They have a ton of awesome products for sure. I have been wonderfully blessed having the Master Suite for so long. Having a shot at it all cheaper just stuns me and keep thinking "ok.. what is the catch?!"

...however as I already bought LR4 since it was always separate, I am more happy long run for the next version rather than the current one. lol

Really appreciate your comments!! :)