Options

Remove BUY button

a1lawna1lawn Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited July 8, 2016 in SmugMug Customization
How can I remove 'BUY' buttom from beneath photos in selected folders or galleries? I also would like a larger text down arrow to emphasize free downloads. (People are irritated that I demand money for certain photos)

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2015
    In gallery settings try turning "Shopping Cart" off.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    StakeoutStakeout Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 25, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
    In gallery settings try turning "Shopping Cart" off.

that doesn't work.. the BUY button is like a nitemare.. it won't go away
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2015
    Stakeout wrote: »
    that doesn't work.. the BUY button is like a nitemare.. it won't go away
    Log off and look. It will show when you are logged in.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    McKsauceMcKsauce Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited August 26, 2015
    Hi Stakeout,

Kaydin here from the SmugMug support team. Allen is right. You need to be logged out of your SmugMug account to see the 'BUY' button removed. While you're logged into your SmugMug account you'll always see the 'BUY' button and all available products, at the base prices. This is because they are your photos and you can buy them anytime you wish.

Your visitors will not see the 'BUY' button if the 'Shopping Cart' is turned to 'OFF' in the 'Gallery Settings.'

I suggest testing from another browser, one where you're not logged into SmugMug. This way you can remain logged in and working with SmugMug on your main browser but also test and see what the site looks like to visitors in the other browser.

I hope this info helps.
    ----

SmugMug Support Hero -

----
  • Options
    scottcolbathscottcolbath Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2016
    Dusting off this thread to ask if there is a global setting, or do I have to go through the PITA of setting the no-buy on every..........single........gallery..........I........have? headscratch.gif

If there is a global setting, I sure can't find it.

S.C.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited April 17, 2016
    Dusting off this thread to ask if there is a global setting, or do I have to go through the PITA of setting the no-buy on every..........single........gallery..........I........have? headscratch.gif

If there is a global setting, I sure can't find it.
    You can use bulk gallery settings to change the settings for all galleries within a folder. You will need to go through folder by folder to change this setting for all galleries.

See help page How do I change settings for multiple galleries at once?

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2016
    You can use bulk gallery settings to change the settings for all galleries within a folder. You will need to go through folder by folder to change this setting for all galleries.

--- Denise

Yeah, that does't work. Settings is a non-functioning button when selecting multpile galleries. I tried that more than one way.

S.C.
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2016
    Yeah, that does't work. Settings is a non-functioning button when selecting multpile galleries. I tried that more than one way.

S.C.
    Settings is functional when selecting multiple galleries. I've used bulk settings to change multiple galleries at once many times.
    • Go into the organizer.
    • Click to open a folder
    • On the right, click to select all galleries to be changed.
    • Click Settings to open Bulk settings.
    • Click Shopping tab.
    • Click the check box in front of Visitor Shopping Cart.
    • Click OFF.
    • Click Save.
    Repeat the process with each folder containing galleries that you want to change.
    i-NQbw4xB-L.jpg

i-KCfcjmC-L.jpg

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2016
    Denise, this is exactly what I tried, with no success.

S.C.
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2016
    Denise, this is exactly what I tried, with no success.
    Are you selecting only galleries?

Are you saying that the settings button isn't clickable after selecting galleries on the right? If that's the case, have you tried clearing the browser cache or trying a different browser?

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2016
    Are you selecting only galleries?

Are you saying that the settings button isn't clickable after selecting galleries on the right? If that's the case, have you tried clearing the browser cache or trying a different browser?

--- Denise

I have seen two things happen. First, I select multiple galleries, then the settings button is not clickable. Another thing I have seen is that I clicked on two or three galleries and settings remained available for me to click. When I clicked it, the buy setting was not on the menu for me to manipulate.

I can do it one at a time, and take all day though. :D

S.C.
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2016
    Oh, and I'll clear my cache and try that. I'll also check on my other computer with Safari, rather than Chrome.

S.C.
  • Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 18, 2016
    The Settings button will not be clickable if you select galleries and folders. Please make sure you only select galleries.
    After clicking Settings, the bulk gallery settings pop-up will appear. Click Shopping, check the "Visitor shopping cart" checkbox, and change the setting to OFF as shown in this screenshot:
    00000529.png

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,831 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2016
    Personally I would love the option to turn this off for site owners. For me this button is a waste of space since I will NEVER EVER want to print out a photo that I've uploaded to SM.

--Sara
  • Options
    edited April 18, 2016
    OK, completely clearing my cache, shutting down all IE/Chrome occurrences, rebooting and for some odd reason, washing my car did the trick. :D

But I still have one nit. After making the changes, you can't see that it was done in your settings screen. You have to check via being not logged in, or using the setting to view your account as a user, not an owner. It would be nice if the current setting was highlighted or something so it is evident what the current setting is.

Thanks for the assistance.

S.C.
  • Options
    cedericcederic Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited July 8, 2016

--- Denise

Ah, excellent. Now that I can't seem to make the buy button less obnoxious I've decided to remove it entirely, and that link just saved me a couple of hours of fun.

thank you.