Garbage Bag Princess

rle5rle5 Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited December 16, 2009 in People
I'm working on a series of concepts with models, of which the final product I am not ready to share! I did want to offer a few of the pictures from the first shoot up for C&C though! (Plus it has been a while since I have posted... work has been too crazy)

anna1.jpg
Anna Lovely - Garbage Bag Princess # 1

anna2.jpg
Anna Lovely - Garbage Bag Princess # 2

anna3.jpg
Anna Lovely - Garbage Bag Princess # 3

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    Very cool & interesting, I can't wait to see the final product!

As far as the title.... Only the last one, somewhat, is a "garbage bag" princess to me. Especially in the first two, but also somewhat in the last one, the garbage bag really isn't that noticeable in the shots (the dress and pearls overpower the garbage bag if you ask me). It's definitely not where the emphasis is for me, anyway. Not sure if it's important for your project, but it's something that I noticed.
  • rle5rle5 Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    ivar wrote:
    Very cool & interesting, I can't wait to see the final product!

As far as the title.... Only the last one, somewhat, is a "garbage bag" princess to me. Especially in the first two, but also somewhat in the last one, the garbage bag really isn't that noticeable in the shots (the dress and pearls overpower the garbage bag if you ask me). It's definitely not where the emphasis is for me, anyway. Not sure if it's important for your project, but it's something that I noticed.

For sure! I do agree with you. It's not the official or final title.... but rather something I picked as the headline for the post.

Once all the other tableaux are finished I will be coming up with a title for the set as well as for each individual piece.

Greatly appreciate the feedback! :-)
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    A couple of observations: The first two images...the bg is brighter than the subject....she's getting lost and the composition could be improved. For the theme..she's too "made up" for the grunge type setting. Either make it elegant grunge (which is a processing style) or she would need to be a bit more believable in dress. The 3rd I'm not getting as there is part of a passer by, leg and all completely distracting the image. #1 could be pretty cool with the right processing but will take some work.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited December 15, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    A couple of observations: The first two images...the bg is brighter than the subject....she's getting lost and the composition could be improved. For the theme..she's too "made up" for the grunge type setting. Either make it elegant grunge (which is a processing style) or she would need to be a bit more believable in dress. The 3rd I'm not getting as there is part of a passer by, leg and all completely distracting the image. #1 could be pretty cool with the right processing but will take some work.

Thank you for the feedback. I think the "made up" ness will make more sense when the pictures are seen as part of a set... Maybe not though, so I will definitely think about that before doing the other sets.

What would you suggest for processing with the 1st? I'm rather curious...

Thanks again!
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    I ran through a fairly quick edit as we are so much visual people...I thought it would make more sense seeing it. By darkening the bg, creating a layer mask, then painting her in w/some dodge and burn brings a more dynamic look.

742087564_yTNnD-X2.jpg
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited December 16, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    I ran through a fairly quick edit as we are so much visual people...I thought it would make more sense seeing it. By darkening the bg, creating a layer mask, then painting her in w/some dodge and burn brings a more dynamic look.

742087564_yTNnD-X2.jpg
    Ah... I see... subtle difference, but a nice difference none the less... I am still very new at the layers and such. Have a few weeks of quasi vacation coming up so I think that will be added to my list of to do projects. Thank you very much!