Floating "Back to Top:

TallPhotoGuyTallPhotoGuy Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
edited July 24, 2016 in SmugMug Customization
How do you add a floating "back To Top" button when looking at a Gallery

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited July 24, 2016
    A back to top button is now automatically shown when scrolling down in collage, journal, or thumbnail galleries. This change was announced on April 8, 2016 in the thread NEW: "Back to Top" Button.

If your site doesn't show the back to top button it's possible you have a customization installed that is blocking this. If that's the case, include a link here to your problem gallery so someone can try to help.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2016
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2016
    I see a "Back to Top" button on that gallery?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2016
    Allen wrote: »
    I see a "Back to Top" button on that gallery?

Yes its there, I see it now, but it does not show up when the 1st row of pictures scroll off the screen. It seems to appear when you are about half way thru your gallery. If you have lots of pictures you may have to scroll down quite a bit before the button is displayed
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited July 24, 2016
    Yes its there, I see it now, but it does not show up when the 1st row of pictures scroll off the screen. It seems to appear when you are about half way thru your gallery. If you have lots of pictures you may have to scroll down quite a bit before the button is displayed
    The announcement of this feature indicates when the back to top will appear. From the first post of the announcement thread:
    Now, once you scroll behind twice the height of the browser window, we'll display a small "Back to Top" button in the lower right corner. Clicking on it will return you to the top of the page with a fancy scrolling up animation.

The button will disappear if you scroll above twice the height of the browser. For example, if your browser is 400px tall, we'll start displaying the "Back to Top" beyond 800px. If you scroll to 799px down, the button will disappear.
    When I look at your gallery it appears to behave as described.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2016
    The announcement of this feature indicates when the back to top will appear. From the first post of the announcement thread:

When I look at your gallery it appears to behave as described.

--- Denise

Thanks for the clarification