Options

Mount Davis, Sierra Nevada, CA

EvanThomasEvanThomas Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
edited July 4, 2016 in Landscapes
Some photos from a day hike of Mount Davis in the Sierra Nevada. This is somewhat near Mammoth Lakes, starting out of Agnew Meadows. Davis is just a little north of Banner/Ritter. Hope you all enjoy!

(1) Banner Peak Over 1000 Island Lake

i-sCPwjwg-XL.jpg

(2) Mount Ritter and Lake Catherine

i-PJGsS8V-XL.jpg

(3) Lake Catherine

i-f2xQ3HR-XL.jpg

(4) Lake Catherine

i-48ngPZs-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2016
    Great set Evan! I have spent numerous days, weeks, in Sierras! Makes me wish to get back into shape! Have done Ritter and Banner multiple times but never heard or went to Davis. Too bad, because this is one heck of scene!!

For those who don't know this requires some serious hiking!

Cheers!
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2016
    It looks like a very rugged place and your photos surely portray that; natural and likely light!!!!
  • Options
    bristleconebristlecone Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2016
    Nice Evan..... all of them. Nice to see so much ice and snow still up there. Wish I could still hike to places like that.
    Best,
    -Len
  • Options
    EvanThomasEvanThomas Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2016
    Thanks guys! :) Sorry for the delayed response, been on the road a bit with some more hiking/exploring.

Stumblebum, you've definitely seen this lake before - it also looks stunning from Banner/Ritter, albeit a little smaller from up there ;-)

Cheers!
    Evan
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,905 moderator
    edited July 4, 2016
    I was just over in Mammoth a couple of weeks ago and was surprised how much snow was on the ground.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2016
    EvanThomas wrote: »
    Thanks guys! :) Sorry for the delayed response, been on the road a bit with some more hiking/exploring.

Stumblebum, you've definitely seen this lake before - it also looks stunning from Banner/Ritter, albeit a little smaller from up there ;-)

Cheers!
    Evan

Evan it might be one of these:D.......from top of Ritter a fellow climber......cheers!

1308_Mt_Ritter_0039-47-X3.jpg