Options

Throwback Milford Sound (New Zealand)

bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
edited June 25, 2016 in Landscapes
Loving going back and working on images from my archives. Re-discovered this one the other day from 2009 in New Zealand. Some fresh edits made this a new favorite image.

27505516502_72d06821c0_h.jpgMilford Mist by Nick Lasure, on Flickr

Comments

• Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2016
    I really like the quality of light in this shot. Great vertical layers: clouds, snowy mountains, waterfalls, then the sound. All with nice depth. I've been to New Zealand a couple of times, but have never made it all the way down to Milford Sound. Definitely next time! Beautiful!
    Chris
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2016
    Quite a scene! Love the lighting and the coloring is interesting -- I really like it; rather diffeerent.
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,831 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2016
    I had an "ooo-aaahhh" moment when I saw this. Lovely! Are those the real colors of the scene or is that a filter?

--- Sara
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2016
    Beautiful composition and tones. You had good material to work with!
  • Options
    fool4thecityfool4thecity Registered Users Posts: 632 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2016
    Lots of Drama. Great perspective. Lots of areas for the eyes to roam. Love it. Looks even better on my big monitor after clicking on the "Full Size" version. Nicely done, Nick!
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2016
    ChrisJ wrote: »
    I really like the quality of light in this shot. Great vertical layers: clouds, snowy mountains, waterfalls, then the sound. All with nice depth. I've been to New Zealand a couple of times, but have never made it all the way down to Milford Sound. Definitely next time! Beautiful!

Thanks! It was fall when we went and the light was pretty much amazing all day long. Definitely hit the sound up, not overrated! Can't wait to go back.
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2016
    Eia wrote: »
    Quite a scene! Love the lighting and the coloring is interesting -- I really like it; rather diffeerent.

Thanks much! Loved the look of the scene as well.
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2016
    I had an "ooo-aaahhh" moment when I saw this. Lovely! Are those the real colors of the scene or is that a filter?

--- Sara

The original was a bit underexposed so I was able to pull the shadows and warm it up a bit to make it glow more.