How to watermark

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
edited August 13, 2014 in Finishing School
Hi,
I was wondering if there is any guide on how to build and use water marks in photos.
I wanted to use something that would allow future clients to rememember my name. I wonder though if I should stick to some nickname since my name is very long and it will not be easy for the locals (I am a foreigner) to remind my full name.

Do you have any guides in mind that I can read for?

I would like to thank you in advance for your help

Regards
Alex (thats the short version of my longer Alexandros)

Comments

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited August 11, 2014
    Try here, Alex - http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93343

If you still need help, come on back and we'll try to find you some more help!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2014
    Are you asking for opinions on what the watermark should say ... or how to create a watermark ... or something else?
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2014
    Thanks... it looks like that first need to decide which 'policy' I would follow.. watermarking or not
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited August 13, 2014
    alaios wrote: »
    Thanks... it looks like that first need to decide which 'policy' I would follow.. watermarking or not
    If you have a SmugMug Portfolio or Business account you can have the best of both worlds - photos shown online can be watermarked while photos that are printed do not have a watermark.

In other situations if you watermark your original photo any printed photos would also show the watermark unless you alter the photo again or keep a non-watermarked duplicate for printing.

Make sure you know your viewers. If I purchased a photograph and it was delivered to me with a watermark on it I would return it for a refund.

--- Denise