Options

Do not bite of more than you can chew!

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited October 9, 2005 in People
Haha! Say hello to my neighbour Gittan! She is the most wonderful and funny person - smart, but she has no idea just how devastating a 300 mm lens and ISO 1600 can be to a person who likes to do faces! Hehe! Beware of the glutton, hold on to your food, folks! :rofl
She loves the pic and has it as her wallpaper - on the PC that is! :D

Matty

300 mm, f/5.6, 1/320s, ISO 1600 (no noise reduction :thumb )

39006054-O.jpg

Comments

• Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2005
    This would've been a winning shot for the "Seven Deadly Sins" photo challenge a few months ago under gluttony!

Fun shot but somehow I doubt she will want a big enlargement of this framed for her wall.:D But maybe - if she already has it on her pc wallpaper??

Nice smooth look for iso 1600.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2005
    Fantastic, Mattias!
    Cant believe 1600!
    Yuri
  • Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2005
    I'm sure that if you'd do some pixelpeeping, you'd see flaws. I'm also sure that if you print this on a decent size, people will love it since you captured a fantastic expression. Pictures like this one proof that there's too much talk about noise sometimes, and not enough about pictures. Thanks for sharing this!
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Options
    thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2005
    Nice, clear and disgusting.
    The first words out of my mouth were "Ewww, gross".
    Good job.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2005
    Haha! Yes! "Glutton" was the first word that came to mind when I previewed the picture in the camera! :D

Matty

This would've been a winning shot for the "Seven Deadly Sins" photo challenge a few months ago under gluttony!

Fun shot but somehow I doubt she will want a big enlargement of this framed for her wall.:D But maybe - if she already has it on her pc wallpaper??

Nice smooth look for iso 1600.
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2005
    Thanx Yuri! Although this is the old 10D, I am not afraid of using ISO 1600. I use my new Sigma 70-300 lens rather much, and then I seldomly go below ISO 400, that is the ISO standard for me with that lens. ISO 800 is no problem what so ever, and if the scence is not to dark, ISO 1600 works just fine. :):

Matty

Fantastic, Mattias!
    Cant believe 1600!
    Yuri
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2005
    Could not have said it better! Do not be afraid of high ISO, oftenly the pictures turn out just fine, and if there is a little to much noise, just run it through Neat Image or Noise Ninja (or other noise reduction application). I think of it like this - either you get a sharp but a little noisy image, or you do not get a picture at all. Simple as that! :):

Matty

marlof wrote:
    I'm sure that if you'd do some pixelpeeping, you'd see flaws. I'm also sure that if you print this on a decent size, people will love it since you captured a fantastic expression. Pictures like this one proof that there's too much talk about noise sometimes, and not enough about pictures. Thanks for sharing this!
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2005
    Haha! Thanx! Well, the first word that came to mind when I previewed the pic was "glutton". Hahaha!

Matty

Nice, clear and disgusting.
    The first words out of my mouth were "Ewww, gross".
    Good job.
    Ashley