Options

Plant hopper nymph

Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
edited March 29, 2015 in Holy Macro
Plant hopper nymph about 2.9mm body length. Focus stacked using zerene except #4
Brian V.

16736715910_e67f3703ea_o.jpg

16736715920_123211e86a_o.jpg

16736715870_6e72a2b387_o.jpg

16736715930_04c7e2798d_o.jpg

Comments

• Options
    e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,378 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2015
    Brian,

This looks identical to the one I found, except that it has the tail bristles. I think this makes it an issid.

You have done a far better job that I did.

Harold
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2015
    I think I saw this recently, landed on a flower.....but flower was moving....hopper was moving....couldn't nail it.....but nice mental shot though! ;o)
    Hope to get something like this someday!
    Cheers!
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    I think I saw this recently, landed on a flower.....but flower was moving....hopper was moving....couldn't nail it.....but nice mental shot though! ;o)
    Hope to get something like this someday!
    Cheers!

I photographed a green species on my shed door, on two occasions. That didn't blow in the wind! :D

Harold
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2015
    e6filmuser wrote: »
    I photographed a green species on my shed door, on two occasions. That didn't blow in the wind! :D

Harold

That's the way to go! With macro, slightest breeze is a problem. I was muttering to myself that ONLY people unhappy in this beautiful spring breeze are macro shooters! Otherwise, one fine beautiful day!
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2015
    That's the way to go! With macro, slightest breeze is a problem. I was muttering to myself that ONLY people unhappy in this beautiful spring breeze are macro shooters! Otherwise, one fine beautiful day!

Today I was outside, shooting small aperture stereo pairs of orchids by ambient light. I spent more time waiting for the wind to drop than I did taking photographs. Fortunately, orchids have no thin, flexible petals to flop around.

Harold
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2015
    Thanks for the comments SB and Harold- appreciated :)

I live 400 yds from the sea - I've got used to shooting in windy conditions. Most of my subjects are either on solid surfaces or I'm holding a suitable bit of leaf or twig in my left hand to stabilise it.
    Brian v.
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2015
    Thanks for the comments SB and Harold- appreciated :)

I live 400 yds from the sea - I've got used to shooting in windy conditions. Most of my subjects are either on solid surfaces or I'm holding a suitable bit of leaf or twig in my left hand to stabilise it.
    Brian v.

BBC should do a documentary on you.....shooting macros.....for benefit of mankind!
  • Options
    GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited March 28, 2015
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2015
    BBC should do a documentary on you.....shooting macros.....for benefit of mankind!
    GOLDENORFE wrote: »
    Great shots Brian :D

Thanks for the comments SB and Phil - appreciated :)
    Brian V.