Options

FS: (UK) Mint D3 13 month warranty & Stunning Nikon AF-S VR 300mm f2.8 G IF-ED

Gary CoyleGary Coyle Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
edited January 28, 2010 in Nikon Land
Yes folks you read it correctly, im selling my beloved Mint condition D3 with 13 months warranty and my stunning Nikon AF-S VR 300mm f2.8 G IF-ED
D3
Stunning and totally mint, not a single mark on it anywhere, all the screens are totally as new, i defy anyone to tell the camera from brand new.
Shutter count is just shy of 32,800 and is confirmed as 100% accurate, Camera is boxed and will reach you just as it left the Nikon factory, all disks and leads are unused and still in their protective wrappers, supplied with original manual and all documentation and original purchase receipt.
Camera is a UK model and was purchased on 20th Feb last year and will come with balance of 2 year warranty, warranty is registered with Nikon in my name and i will act as go between for any warranty issues you might have
Camera was sent in for a free check up in August last year and had the sensor cleaned at the time, to be brutally honest it could do with a clean again but i will see to that before sale.
I will also include an extra battery.
I will also include an absolutly superb 2 DVD instructional guide to the D3 called "a jumpstart guide to the D3" this has been an invaluable learning tool for me as i made the move from Canon so didnt really have a good understanding of Nikon at the time.
If anyone frequents the sports forum regularly you will see the absolute quality images this produces under extreme lighting conditions
Price
£2,200 OVNO
I think the price fairly reflects the superb condition of the camera, im aware that you can pick them up used for £2,100 but they wont come with 13 month warranty nor will they be in as good as new condition like mine is, current cheapest UK price is £2,950 from Clifton Cameras, however a quick phone call will confirm they have no stock.
Nikon AF-S VR 300mm f2.8 G IF-ED
Again, theres not much to say, quite simply the single most impressive piece of equipment ive ever owned, this is the latest version with the Nano glass technology
Condition
Not quite mint but then im being hyper critical and i like buyers to get things exactly as i describe them, i would say Mint - about 97 out of 100.
The body of the lens is unmarked and like new, the glass is totally clean, no scratches or dust anywhere, again like new. the Tripod foot has a feint circular mark on the underside where a monopod attaches and in normal use cannot ne seen. The Hood is free from scratches but has one or 2 very minor rub marks which are almost impossible to see, the small thumb screw for fastening the hood to the body has signs of paint wear but a quick touch up with Hammerite would have it like brand new.
The lens comes with everything it left the Nikon factory with, original box, hood, tripod foot, end cap, leatherette hood cover, Large padded lens case and all paperwork and documentation.
Warranty
This was purchased late February last year from Jacobs digital so is still under manufacturers warranty, as with the camera, i am willing to act as go between should any warranty issues arise.
Price
£3,100 OVNO
I think this is very fair given the condition of the lens and the little bit of warranty it has left, the cheapest UK supplier with any stock is currently Mifsuds at just over £3,800. Park camera are quoting cheaper and their website says they have stock but a phone call implies a 6 week wait.
Im going to be fairly strict with my pricing but there is slight leeway, please dont take the p1ss though.
Should you want both the camera and the Lens i would be willing to strike a deal at £5,000 or i will accept £5,150 and throw in a Mint and boxed Nikon TC-14E II 1.4x AF-S Tele converter which currently retails for about £300
However
I need both items to sell and cant let one go without having a buyer for the other, i cant afford to sell one and be sat here with the other.
Im currently not at home so will supply photos as soon as i can, anyone who has previously bought from me will testify that my descriptions will be accurate.
Now listed elsewhere
Will also consider a trade on my lens for a mint Canon EF 300MM f/2.8 L IS
3001.jpg

3002.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited January 25, 2010
    One time only price reduction

D3 £2,100

Lens £3,000
  • Options
    CardenCarden Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    Gary Coyle wrote:
    One time only price reduction

D3 £2,100

Lens £3,000

I am assuming this is in British Pounds? I am in the US so I needed a reference.

That would calculate to -
    D3 - $3,407.35
    300mm - $4867.79

Yes?
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2010
    No idea of the exchange rate

D3 is now sold