Code showing in search...Still.

CardenCarden Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
edited January 9, 2010 in SmugMug Support
Why am I still seeing the code in my Google searches for my pages on a particular subject/gallery title?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2010
    Fillout your homepage meta description settings, we announced this a while ago :)

http://www.cardensmith.com/homepage/controlpanel.mg?NickName=carden#Settings

You'll want to subscribe to our Release Notes blog, so that you don't miss a single update from SmugMug http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/ at the bottom, there's a link for Entries (RSS) - put that in your favorite feed reader.
  • CardenCarden Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2010
    Thanks Andy, sorry i haven't been keeping up. So does this replace the ...

<div id="bioText">ADD A FEW LINES OF TEXT HERE. REMEMBER, WHATEVER YOU ADD HERE WILL PARTLY SHOW IN THE SEARCH RESULTS.
    </div>

..code that we used in the past to take care of this?

Thanks
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2010
    Carden wrote:
    Thanks Andy, sorry i haven't been keeping up. So does this replace the ...

<div id="bioText">ADD A FEW LINES OF TEXT HERE. REMEMBER, WHATEVER YOU ADD HERE WILL PARTLY SHOW IN THE SEARCH RESULTS.
    </div>

..code that we used in the past to take care of this?

Thanks
    Yes.
  • shewholaughsshewholaughs Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited January 9, 2010
    Not working for me
    I'm sorry, Andy. This is not working for me. When I google search "Beth Singley Photography", I get this:

Beth Singley Photography

var ssConfig = { AlbumID: '8586486', AlbumKey: 'bYxpy', newWindow: 'false', transparent: 'true', showLogo: 'false', clickUrl: 'none', showThumbs: 'true', ...

despite that my settings say:
    Homepage Meta Description: High Quality Portrait and Wedding photography based in the Raleigh, NC area. For more information, please send us a message through the contact link.

Thoughts? How long does this take to kick in?
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2010
    I'm sorry, Andy. This is not working for me. When I google search "Beth Singley Photography", I get this:

Beth Singley Photography

var ssConfig = { AlbumID: '8586486', AlbumKey: 'bYxpy', newWindow: 'false', transparent: 'true', showLogo: 'false', clickUrl: 'none', showThumbs: 'true', ...

despite that my settings say:
    Homepage Meta Description: High Quality Portrait and Wedding photography based in the Raleigh, NC area. For more information, please send us a message through the contact link.

Thoughts? How long does this take to kick in?
    It could take as long as a week or even two before Google reindexes your site and sees the new change. If you haven't waited that long, it's probably just that Google hasn't gotten back to your site yet to see the change.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • CardenCarden Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2010
    possibly use this index link?
    You could try this link

http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl

It submits a re-crawl request to Google. They say there are no guarantees, but you can try it.