Photographers Give Back To Our Military

babybluetx23babybluetx23 Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
edited March 2, 2007 in The Big Picture
PHOTOGRAPHERS GIVE BACK TO OUR MILITARY

DENVER, Colorado, February 14, 2007

A new organization has been created to allow photographers to

lend their creative energies to raising the morale of our men and women in uniform. This movement has the
potential to touch millions of lives nationwide and around the world. Professional photographers are joining
together in Operation: Love ReUnited, to give back to our military members and their families by offering up
their services.
These photographers are offering, free of charge, to be there for our troops – for the tender moments as they
are leaving on a deployment, a session with the military member’s family while they are gone, or the elation
of their return. A small album (also free of charge) will be sent to the soldier, so they can have the keepsake
with them while at their duty station. The Operation helps those long months go by a little faster. It's
designed to capture moments that you will long remember and always treasure. It's art. It's love. It's all made
possible by artists wanting to give something back to those who make the United States what it is, and ask for
nothing in return – but for these men and women to come home.
As a gift in appreciation for all he or she has been through as a military member, the soldier receives a 4x6
album of images. These images may include such things as a child's hand clasped in his parent's with the
faint glimpse of a BDU sleeve, a marine in dress with his family, a sailor with his parents right before
departure, or a child playing dress up in combat boots and a helmet. The album will be sent to the deployed
soldier by the photographer, at no additional cost.
More information about the Operation: Love ReUnited, including how to find a photographer for your
family, see sample images, or learn how to join as a photographer, visit http://www.oplove.org

About the Founder

Tonee Lawrence is a 27 year old mother of two, a military wife of more than 5 years. After her own husband
returned from a deployment to Qatar for Operation: Iraqi Freedom, she wasn't able to capture the long
awaiting faces of her little boys when they saw their father for the first time in months. She started thinking
about what she could do to make it so families had images of this very special time in their life – being
reunited with someone they love so much, after giving so much in service for their country and not asking for
anything in return, but just to come home.
SOURCE: Operation: Love ReUnited

Contact Emails:

tonee@oplove.org

- source & details information

oplove@oplove.org

- general information

Copyright 2007: Operation: Love ReUnited
Cynthia Cox
Arlington, Tx
http://www.innovativeillusionsphoto.com/

OMP member #: 173034

Canon EOS 5D : Bogen 3051 tripod : Bogen Monopod : Bogen 3030 head unit : Canon Speedlight 580EX : Canon EF 28-200 F3.5 : Canon 70-200 f2.8L : Canon 24-70mm F2.8L and other Canon Gear

The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE." - Ernst Haas

Comments

• dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    Thank You Cynthia.

A friend of mine's husband is in the Army and is stationed in Korea right now. I'm sending in my application today. I am one of the biggest supporters of not working for free, I hate working for free. But knowing what these families go through they definitely deserve this service for free.

clap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gif
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2007
    OK I'm not trying to be weird, but I've actually been talking to a new friend of mine (whos husband is to be activated again shortly) about starting a non-profit for this very purpose. Her family was featured in a local paper when he first went overseas three years ago, and she so cherished the pictures the staff photographer took of her family, and provided them copies of. I thought a "now I lay me down to sleep" type service would be awesome, as both my brothers have served in Iraq, so I have close personal ties.

Welp, someone obviously beat me to it, and there's no one in the Indy area signed up yet, so I just filled out my app. Thanks for posting this link! clap.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 28, 2007
    great info, thanks for sharing.

I think I just signed up. The website is a bit confusing. ne_nau.gif
    edited February 28, 2007
    Angelo wrote:
    great info, thanks for sharing.

I think I just signed up. The website is a bit confusing. ne_nau.gif

Angelo to sign up you have to download, fill out, print, and mail in an application. Their site does suck....
    www.zxstudios.com
    edited February 28, 2007
    Angelo to sign up you have to download, fill out, print, and mail in an application. Their site does suck....

Yea, I've since figured that out. I have the form printed and ready to mail.
    edited February 28, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    ...and there's no one in the Indy area signed up yet...

How did you find that out?
    edited March 1, 2007
    Angelo wrote:
    How did you find that out?

If you go under the info option i think is where I found the locate option.
    www.zxstudios.com
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    Can't you just fill out the form, do a "save as" rename and e-mail back to oplove@oplove.org?? That is how I read it and what I did.

Aaron
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • babybluetx23babybluetx23 Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Can't you just fill out the form, do a "save as" rename and e-mail back to oplove@oplove.org?? That is how I read it and what I did.

Aaron

Yes you can either email it back or you can send it via Snail mail. Hey Guys I forgot to post that they have a forum too....it is http://www.oplove.org/forum

They are in the process of Re Doing the ENTIRE website! wings.gif

Thank you SO much to those of you who are signing up. This is the LEAST we can do to give back to those who give SO MUCH to us. All Gave some, some gave all.
    Cynthia Cox
    Arlington, Tx

Canon EOS 5D : Bogen 3051 tripod : Bogen Monopod : Bogen 3030 head unit : Canon Speedlight 580EX : Canon EF 28-200 F3.5 : Canon 70-200 f2.8L : Canon 24-70mm F2.8L and other Canon Gear

The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE." - Ernst Haas
    edited March 2, 2007

Thank you SO much to those of you who are signing up. This is the LEAST we can do to give back to those who give SO MUCH to us. All Gave some, some gave all.

I gave some when I was enlisted and feel it would be an honor to capture these moments for someone else.

One of my greatest moments was coming home from training in my uniform and having complete strangers come up to me in the airport - shake my hand and thank me. Very powerfull moments still to this day.

Aaron Newman

• babybluetx23babybluetx23 Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    I can Understand. I havent had the honor to do one of these shoots YET, but I plan on heading out the airport this weekend. I saw this on youtube and BALLED like a little baby! makes me PROUD to be an american: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl7wrnGoGb4
    Cynthia Cox
    Arlington, Tx

edited March 2, 2007
    I can Understand. I havent had the honor to do one of these shoots YET, but I plan on heading out the airport this weekend. I saw this on youtube and BALLED like a little baby! makes me PROUD to be an american: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl7wrnGoGb4

quite touching!

too bad Anheiser-Busch didn't explain that most troops are abandoned, by this administration, upon return, with no money or means of transportation back to their homes.

that kind of commercial would motivate people, like me, to "really" help troops in very meaningful ways.
    edited March 2, 2007
    Angelo wrote:
    quite touching!

too bad Anheiser-Busch didn't explain that most troops are abandoned, by this administration, upon return, with no money or means of transportation back to their homes.

that kind of commercial would motivate people, like me, to "really" help troops in very meaningful ways.

I agree!! (I remember this commercial came out shortly after we sent troops to Afganistan)

The same can be said about the news. Funny how news today is all about getting ratings instead of really reporting news and events. Stories about the lack of support for troops by the military have been attempted but are usually swept under the rug and/or not received very well by the public.

Unless it is about the injustice a few bad soldiers are doing, the number of troops / innocent lives lost, or threat of another 'draft' it is simply not reported on.

We all enjoy our freedoms thanks to troops who end up relinquishing a lot of theirs to make that happen.

Aaron Newman