Options

New user, just hid timeline...how do I get it back?

rtengrteng Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited June 9, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hey everyone,

I've searched a bit on this topic, and it seems that if you are an older user, you most likely don't have the timeline feature on your homepage, but that if you are a 'new' user, you do have it. I understand that the folks at SmugMug are still indexing the old photos.

I signed up for SmugMug in May. Just now, I tried hiding my timeline feature just to see how my page would look like, under the assumption that I would be able to re-enable it, like anything else I hide, through the control panel. Whoops! I should have read up on the timeline issue before I did it! Now, it's gone, and there's no option in the control panel to show it again! :cry

There should have been a warning before I hid it - maybe someone at SmugMug can implement a disclaimer (like "Are you sure you want to hide the timeline? If you do, you won't get it back until...don't know for sure!") before more 'new' users do this.

I would also appreciate if someone like Andy reads this and puts it back on for me, which I think shouldn't be difficult since all my images I'm assuming have been indexed. But, I'd prefer to provide my website's address in private.

Thanks,
Robert

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    rteng wrote:
    Hey everyone,

I've searched a bit on this topic, and it seems that if you are an older user, you most likely don't have the timeline feature on your homepage, but that if you are a 'new' user, you do have it. I understand that the folks at SmugMug are still indexing the old photos.

I signed up for SmugMug in May. Just now, I tried hiding my timeline feature just to see how my page would look like, under the assumption that I would be able to re-enable it, like anything else I hide, through the control panel. Whoops! I should have read up on the timeline issue before I did it! Now, it's gone, and there's no option in the control panel to show it again! :cry

There should have been a warning before I hid it - maybe someone at SmugMug can implement a disclaimer (like "Are you sure you want to hide the timeline? If you do, you won't get it back until...don't know for sure!") before more 'new' users do this.

I would also appreciate if someone like Andy reads this and puts it back on for me, which I think shouldn't be difficult since all my images I'm assuming have been indexed. But, I'd prefer to provide my website's address in private.

Thanks,
    Robert

HI Robert,

Look in your control panel? Can I have your site name nickname.smugmug.com and I'll be happy to help :D
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    HI Robert,

Look in your control panel? Can I have your site name nickname.smugmug.com and I'll be happy to help :D
    It seems to be missing from the control panel. I just PMed you with my site name. Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    Can't imagine why it's gone. I'll have to ask the engineers about this. Meantime, you can get there with this link:

http://nickname.smugmug.com/date

EDIT: I just validated that this with a new account on the site. I've alerted our engineers, thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Can't imagine why it's gone. I'll have to ask the engineers about this. Meantime, you can get there with this link:

http://nickname.smugmug.com/date

Sure thing - I was wondering that myself. I'd like my friends to be able to access it on my homepage however, instead of having to copy/paste my site's address and /date into the address field. I hope I'm an anomaly.