Options

A few more from this year's Yellowstone and Grand Teton trip

gatorbehindlensgatorbehindlens Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited September 8, 2015 in Wildlife
Two ground squirrels going at each other. Mormon Row, Grand Teton NP
teton_ground_squirrel_fight.jpg
Larger Image

Bald Eagle along the Madison River. There were actually two of them there together, perhaps a mated pair? One of them stayed in a tree keeping an eye on things, the other would occasionally swoop down towards the river. I looked, but did not see an obvious nest anywhere in the immediate area.
yell_madison_river_eagle_3.jpg
Larger Image

Elk near Fishing Bridge
yellowstone_elk_2.jpg
Larger Image

Mother grizzly with cubs, East Entrance Road. After looking through some forums and Facebook, I believe this is Raspberry and these cubs are her first. We saw this family on our first day in Yellowstone, as we entered from Cody (somewhere between Eleanor Lake and Fishing Bridge). There was a large open meadow that they were working their way across, and a large audience up at the top of the hill watching them.
yell_mama_baby_grizzlies_1.jpg

Yellowstone and Grand Teton really are amazing places.

Larger Image
AF1QipNIPLoyeoSD5ceZYBtcHbdWqHuBfejtdQ8UMDhp?key=NGJSMGI2bjE1UmhtZXZvMFktZllZU2pmeS1JcTZn

Comments

• Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2015
  • Options
    gatorbehindlensgatorbehindlens Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited August 20, 2015
    Ok, thanks for the feedback. I'm new to this forum, so I will have to work on getting my embedded images correct. There are links to the full size images below the embedded ones.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2015
    Very nice set! Great sightings!
  • Options
    catcher33catcher33 Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited September 7, 2015
    I wonder if those are the same ground squirrels last year at Mormon Row... one of them practically walked over my foot -- i like the
    eagle one best
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2015
    Great shots. Looks to have been a very enjoyable trip.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53