Options

Map not working

racerracer Registered Users Posts: 333 Major grins
edited February 1, 2013 in Bug Reporting
The map will not allow me to pan around, only zoom in and out.
This is the case for not only my site but a few other smugmug sites I looked at.

I am using Windows 8, and I tried on the desktop version (not the app version) of IE 10, and the latest releases of firefox and chrome
Todd - My Photos

Comments

• Options
    SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2013
    Hi,

I'm going to forward your report to our q/a team to see if we can get a solution. Please allow us a few days to figure this out.
  • Options
    SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2013
    Hi Todd,

We tested this on Windows 8 and IE10 in desktop and metro, and the map on your site worked for us. Can you email the help desk, help@smugmug.com, and tell us if your flash and java are up to date, your version of IE10 and W8. We can trouble shoot this issue more easily from the desk.
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2013
    I will send a message to the help desk.

It seems to work now in IE versions 10, 9, 8. It is not working for me in the latest releases of firefox and chrome.

It seems to be that smugmug is using a old (now buggy) version of leaflet (at least in chrome), version 0.3 according to the javascript file. If that is true, the current leaflet version is 0.5 and includes a ton of bug fixes!
    Todd - My Photos
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2013
    Hi Todd,

I will talk to my development team about Leaflet. For me, I was able to pan around your map with no issues on Safari, Chrome, and Firefox on IOS Mountain Lion.

Michael
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 21, 2013
    racer wrote: »
    I will send a message to the help desk.

It seems to work now in IE versions 10, 9, 8. It is not working for me in the latest releases of firefox and chrome.

It seems to be that smugmug is using a old (now buggy) version of leaflet (at least in chrome), version 0.3 according to the javascript file. If that is true, the current leaflet version is 0.5 and includes a ton of bug fixes!

I see no issues with the map on your site using chrome (24.0.1312.52) mac. Your map page wont display at all for me on firefox (19) but the main maps.smugmug.com does and the map works properly so there may be some customization issues with your site (not seeing any errors in the console).

Leaflet 0.5 just came out last week and we do have plans to upgrade.

What url exactly are you seeing issues with?
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2013
    bwg wrote: »
    I see no issues with the map on your site using chrome (24.0.1312.52) mac. Your map page wont display at all for me on firefox (19) but the main maps.smugmug.com does and the map works properly so there may be some customization issues with your site (not seeing any errors in the console).

Leaflet 0.5 just came out last week and we do have plans to upgrade.

What url exactly are you seeing issues with?

Thanks, I will look to see if I can find any errors. Regardless, no smugmug map (maps.smugmug.com or otherwise) will work for me in firefox and chrome on windows 8.
    I tried with two different installs of windows 8 on this pc (just happened to be reinstalling it), and browsers were fresh and default. My only guess would be that if it is on my end, it must be a driver I installed. ne_nau.gif
    Todd - My Photos
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2013
    racer wrote: »
    Thanks, I will look to see if I can find any errors. Regardless, no smugmug map (maps.smugmug.com or otherwise) will work for me in firefox and chrome on windows 8.
    I tried with two different installs of windows 8 on this pc (just happened to be reinstalling it), and browsers were fresh and default. My only guess would be that if it is on my end, it must be a driver I installed. ne_nau.gif
    Finally got a Win8 VM and verified that dragging does not work in FF or Chrome on Win8. This is fixed with Leaflet 0.5 and it just passed our QA so it'll be up on the site shortly. Thanks for reporting.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2013
    just went live. should be all fixed.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2013
    just went live. should be all fixed.

AHH, no map at all now. Site map does not display, nor does the maps.smugmug.com. Inspecting leaflet with chrome shows no value set for "layertype". Not sure if that is the issue or not.
    Todd - My Photos
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2013
    Racer,

Still not working on IE 10 on Windows 8? I have tested on Safari, Chrome, and Firefox on OSX and all works as desired.

Thanks!

Michael
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Racer,

Still not working on IE 10 on Windows 8? I have tested on Safari, Chrome, and Firefox on OSX and all works as desired.

Thanks!

Michael
    I verified everything is working in FF, Chrome and IE10 all on Win8

Racer, you behind some sort of proxy or something? Have you tried a good ol shift + refresh?
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2013
    I verified everything is working in FF, Chrome and IE10 all on Win8

Racer, you behind some sort of proxy or something? Have you tried a good ol shift + refresh?

Not sure what the issue was, but everything is working great now, thanks!
    Todd - My Photos
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2013
    Good to hear Racer! Feel free to keep i
    Us updated if you find anything else.

Michael Bonocore
    www.mb-photography-sf.com
    www.facebook.com/mbonocore
    plus.mb-photography-sf.com