Options

lightroom plugin fails to upgrade

cedericcederic Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
edited November 20, 2012 in Bug Reporting
This may only be happening to me, but every time the (Smugmug provided) Lightroom plugin detects a new version, it renames the old SmugMug.lrplugin folder to SmugMug-version.lroldplugin and.. then does nothing.

Sometimes it downloads a new lrplugin zip file, sometimes it doesn't and I have to download my own.

I then have to manually unzip the plugin, creating the new SmugMug.lrplugin folder, open Lightroom and it all works superbly.

If this is down to a peculiarity of my particular installation then that's fine, but I thought I'd query in case others have the same problem.

If the answer is to open the SmugMug plugin in the Lightroom Plugin Manager and click the "install now" button then feel free to point this out then laugh at me. I just kind of hoped it would happen automagically.

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2012
    This sounds like an issue with one of the older versions. In the Lightroom plug-in manager, make not of the path that the SmugMug plugin is installed in (or plugins if multiple are listed). Close Lightroom and delete any of the SmugMug plugins in the folder they're in.
    Also delete any SmugMug plugins that may still reside in your download folder or where you normally save the plugin download to.

Once you've cleared out *any* versions of the plugin (whether it may be as a zip file or unzipped), launch Lightroom to ensure that the Lightroom plug-in manager didn't pick up the plugin from some other folder. Close Lightroom again and follow the instructions from here on downloading and installing the plugin fresh.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero