Options

right-click protection broken?

jdwljdwl Registered Users Posts: 172 Major grins
edited October 26, 2012 in Bug Reporting
L&G,

pls help - I have the situation, that the first picture in my galleries is not covered by the right click protection???

If I enter into a gallery (eg nature) the first picture shown can be downloaded by right click although the protection is enabled?

If I an choose another one out of the filmstrip the protection works?

where is the bug? in all galleries, the first picture shown can be downloaded...

br
HJS

Comments

• Options
    HeroOfCantonHeroOfCanton Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2012
    Hello,

This is a known issue. If you go to any other image in the gallery after the first and then back to the first, you will see that it is protected. It literally only happens to the first image in the gallery the first time you look at it.

With best regards,
    Ryan W.
    Quality Engineer - My SmugMug Site

Getting started on DGrin? Go here first!
    Contact a Support Hero: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2012
    Hello,

This is a known issue. If you go to any other image in the gallery after the first and then back to the first, you will see that it is protected. It literally only happens to the first image in the gallery the first time you look at it.

With best regards,
    Ryan W.

thanks for the ultra fast reply, ryan!

I am expecting this issue being fixed, right? or do we have to live with this?

br
    HJS
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2012
    Please note that this only applies to the outdated filmstrip style. If you're worried about it, please select a modern gallery style, like SmugMug, journal, thumbnails or slideshow.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2012
    Please note that this only applies to the outdated filmstrip style. If you're worried about it, please select a modern gallery style, like SmugMug, journal, thumbnails or slideshow.

as the filmstrip obviously is outdated - will there be any update on this view or a filmstrip alternative (among the existing which do not offer the same nice view like the filmstrip)?

br
    HJS
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2012
    jdwl wrote: »
    as the filmstrip obviously is outdated - will there be any update on this view or a filmstrip alternative (among the existing which do not offer the same nice view like the filmstrip)?
    You could add a suggestion to the SmugMug feedback page. Thanks!
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2012
    You could add a suggestion to the SmugMug feedback page. Thanks!

done - thanks!