D2Hs Value

jetputt56jetputt56 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited February 12, 2010 in Nikon Land
I am interested in finding out the street value of a D2Hs in very good/excellent condition. Any ideas?

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 8, 2010
    At the end of the day, YOU have to be happy with the price - it is YOUR item, no one can tell you what its worth to you...

Philosophizing aside, the best advice is to do your homework. Use our search function to find previous sale prices. Do the same on ebay, KEH, etc.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    DoctorIt wrote:
    At the end of the day, YOU have to be happy with the price - it is YOUR item, no one can tell you what its worth to you...

Philosophizing aside, the best advice is to do your homework. Use our search function to find previous sale prices. Do the same on ebay, KEH, etc.
    This is the second time I've seen you say this today (I'm not sure if you said them both today but I saw them both today. thumb.gif) and I just don't get it. Isn't the experience of those who frequently trade in camera gear perfectly valid research? While I agree that it's not the only place to research I don't understand why folks are being scolded for it. headscratch.gif
    Travis
  • GH41GH41 Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    It's only worth what you can sell it for and not a penny more!! The guy that thinks a used D200 is worth $800 is the buyer you are looking for. Time is not on your side. GH
    edited February 8, 2010
    thoth wrote:
    This is the second time I've seen you say this today (I'm not sure if you said them both today but I saw them both today. thumb.gif)
    See, I'm consistent. :D
    I just don't get it. Isn't the experience of those who frequently trade in camera gear perfectly valid research? While I agree that it's not the only place to research I don't understand why folks are being scolded for it. headscratch.gif
    How is giving sound advice "scolding"? Are you reading between the lines? ne_nau.gif
    Erik

edited February 8, 2010
    DoctorIt wrote:
    How is giving sound advice "scolding"? Are you reading between the lines? ne_nau.gif
    Perhaps I'm experiencing some internet-communication difficulties but the comments sound a whole lot like, "quite asking for values and go find out for yourself." I'm not trying to be difficult; I just feel like that's a perfectly reasonable thing to ask a forum full of photography experts. thumb.gif
    Travis
    edited February 8, 2010
    thoth wrote:
    .... ask a forum full of photography experts. thumb.gif
    you're also asking a forum full of opinionated photography experts with varying bias and loyalty, hiding behind keyboards across the world. Numbers, on the other hand, are a bit more objective. And plus, my job isn't to hand out opinions, it is to advise people on how best to utilize the info in this forum.
    Erik

edited February 8, 2010
    DoctorIt wrote:
    you're also asking a forum full of opinionated photography experts with varying bias and loyalty, hiding behind keyboards across the world. Numbers, on the other hand, are a bit more objective. And plus, my job isn't to hand out opinions, it is to advise people on how best to utilize the info in this forum.
    You obviously don't agree that Dgrin members can offer sound financial advise on the purchase or sale of photography equipment and I, for the life of me, can't figure out why. This makes me wonder why there are sections of DGrin dedicated to helping one another manage our businesses. ne_nau.gif I apologize for derailing this thread so feel free to remove my comments.
    Travis
    edited February 8, 2010
    thoth wrote:
    You obviously don't agree that Dgrin members can offer sound financial advise on the purchase or sale of photography equipment and I, for the life of me, can't figure out why.
    Obviously?

Thoth, I'm sorry you think I'm getting into it with you. I'm doing my best job to give my stock-standard moderator replies. There's absolutely no need to remove your comments, but I would ask that you stop jumping to conclusions and making assumptions based on your interpretation of my replies.

thanks,
    Erik

• EkajEkaj Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    $200.00
  • MXC PhotosMXC Photos Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    How hard is it to the give the guy advice on what they are selling for? He asked a simple question. I personally don't know what they're worth, or I'd give him a price but telling him it's "worth what the buyer will pay" is pretty much an insult to his intelligence.
  • lfortierlfortier Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2010
    KEH has them for $889. EBay has sold them for a bit more than half that.
  • limited60limited60 Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited February 9, 2010
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Obviously?

Thoth, I'm sorry you think I'm getting into it with you. I'm doing my best job to give my stock-standard moderator replies. There's absolutely no need to remove your comments, but I would ask that you stop jumping to conclusions and making assumptions based on your interpretation of my replies.

thanks,

Well in fairness, I found the "stock moderator" comment to be a bit trite and condescending when I received it on my thread asking about the value of a D40, so perhaps it's not just the OP who's being ultra sensitive.

You see, I can understand if these posts are considered cyber clutter and are deemed unnecessary, but this sub-forum is designed for the sale of Nikon gear--who better to ask than those who have been immersed in the profession / website for longer than others.

I conducted a search dating all the way back to October '09. That yielded little beneficial information on camera pricing in Feb 2010.

So, I realize that it's your duty as a moderator to streamline and facilitate the operations of these sub forums, but if you give these threads a little bit of time, the homework is completed by willing DGrin members without you wasting your time directing traffic.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    I sold one a little less then a year ago $1000.
    hope that helps
  • CardenCarden Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    jetputt56 wrote:
    I am interested in finding out the street value of a D2Hs in very good/excellent condition. Any ideas?

I had a pristine one posted here, 7,000 clicks on the shutter, recent Nikon overhaul, clean and check. I was asking $850 incl. shipping ... no interest. I'll keep it before I give it away. Might not have the features of the 300's (of which I own 2) or 700's but it's built like a tank. It's an excellent Pro level camera. My advice is don't give yours away either. Good Luck thumb.gif
  • EkajEkaj Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    This is why you get varied responses on value. To someone who purchased it new, it's still worth a lot. To someone deciding between that camera and a d300, how could it possibly be worth more than a few hundred?
  • CardenCarden Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2010
    Ekaj wrote:
    This is why you get varied responses on value. To someone who purchased it new, it's still worth a lot. To someone deciding between that camera and a d300, how could it possibly be worth more than a few hundred?

Because in my opinion and Nikon's, it is a pro-level camera designed to take twice the actuation's of a D300. No, it doesn't have the high ISO capabilities but it is what it is. Build for durability and longevity. That's all. Also, in my opinion, it is more accurate with flesh tones and white balances.
    I am not arguing what market value is just what is the practical worth. Just my humble opinion. Again, I would keep it before giving it away. It makes a GREAT second body.
  • dsloandsloan Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited February 12, 2010
    maybe there should be a "what's it worth" subforum as part of the flea market?
    D300s : Nikkor 35 f/1.8 : Nikkor 17-55 f/2.8 : Sigma 85 f/1.4
    won't you like me on facebook?